Jack wad Homeowner's Association

bill55az

Reaction score
Our house was built in 94, and our neighborhood is one of the last in Peoria, AZ to NOT have an HOA. There are some city rules, tho, about unlicensed vehicles or parking on the street routinely. We have "large" lots, 80x100. We have 5' on one side, 10 on the other, would have more but we opted for the 3 car garage (28' wide). But having the 10' on one side means we can have a concrete pad for RV or boat parking. Newer homes have 5' on both sides.
I have worked on that slab many times, on my project cars. As long as it is behind the fence, the city doesn't care.
I will never live in an HOA area.....

YY1

Reaction score
A couple years ago, a county worker who thought she weilded more power than she did cited about 6 dozen residents in my general area. Before I knew the extent of the issue, I went around and photographed about 20 houses in my immediate neighborhood, that had cars parked behind houses at least temporarily immobile.
I was prepared to show as evidence that more than 50% of the residents should be cited, or more appropriately, that I was being singled out.

Apparently that was not the case, and all the cases were dropped and the employee repremanded. Interestingly, I never got an official letter about the outcome. My final notice read "a court date is being set, and you will be notified".

My wife used to live in a HOA and she would frequently get threatening letters because her photo-cell controlled driveway light was out. Other neigbors got letters telling them their trees were not large enough, etc.

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
My wife used to live in a HOA and she would frequently get threatening letters because her photo-cell controlled driveway light was out. Other neigbors got letters telling them their trees were not large enough, etc.

My wife and I have friends who live in a HOA.

Grille can't be left outside once you're done cooking with it. All landscaping has to be contracted to the local HOA landscaper. Children must play at the area's playground, so no swing sets, etc in the yard. Cars must be parked in the garage overnight. Christmas decorations can only be white lights. I never drive in their when we go to visit. We either set up a meet to follow 'em in or they come to pick us up. All the houses look pretty the same, leaving no landmarks.

Personally, it's hard enough sometimes just dealing with zoning. For instance, we have a local law about no parking in the front yard. Like a lot of cities we have the zoning about unlicensed/unregistered vehicles. I'm not allowed any, unless it's in the garage. Add on to that further rules and regulations that don't make sense, just because someone gets off on playing little Hitler? You have my sympathy, Eric.

alf44

Reaction score
last month i had a cop snooping in my yard, complaining about my extra set of winter tires and he wrote me up for expired tags on my ford ranger truck, saying tags expired july 2010,, he must of been BLIND, because the tags are good till july 2012. proper color tags and all. we had a neibor ( opps ) that was a big A-HOLE to us and im sure he called that cop as when i saw the cop, he was walking from that guys yard into my drive way. he never did come back to recheck the tags

Back