LED tail lights on a 5th Ave

Mr C

Reaction score
This car is on ebay right now. I found the LED treatment interesting. I like the idea of illuminating the centre license plate plug. I have no experience doing this and I wonder how that kind of thing is done.

Has anyone here done this kind of thing? My tail lights are more dim on the drivers side and it bothers me, so I am considering LED.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 1.jpg

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
WANT. Is there a write up on this anywhere Doc?
Name of the place is in the little write up.

I purchased a sequential kit for my 1988 Fifth from webelectricproducts.com and extremely pleased with result. Fairly simple to install and works perfectly with automatic self adjusting timing so no adjustments to be made. I swapped out one of the light sockets on each side per the recommendation in the instructions so now I have the 3 lights in each taillight assembly sequential rather than just the two for a much better and truer sequential effect.
I also added the Brake Pulse module they offered for the back window brake light which only took a minute to install.
Lots of compliments !!!

Aspen500

Reaction score
LED's are cool, aren't they?!
About the pulsing brake light, in the USA that is illegal. Just a little keep you out of trouble FYI. Or did I misunderstand what you meant.

Side note: The 5th reminds me of my dad's 2012 Charger with the full width "ring" of taillights.
charger tl.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
LED's are cool, aren't they?!
About the pulsing brake light, in the USA that is illegal. Just a little keep you out of trouble FYI. Or did I misunderstand what you meant.

Side note: The 5th reminds me of my dad's 2012 Charger with the full width "ring" of taillights.
View attachment 13197

They have sequentials on the newer Rustangs so I'm guessing they'd be okay

Aspen500

Reaction score
No, not that. Sequential signals are fine along with the sequential brake lights on the 'Stang's. It's the pulsing brake lights that are illegal. The ones that flash the brake lights when the brakes are on.
Maybe that wasn't what Doctor meant by "brake pulse module". If it wasn't then,,,,,,,,,never mind! lol

Back