Look what I got to play with today

brotherGood

Reaction score
20141112_091136_zpshlelggx4.jpg

Dad picked up a new Chrysler 200, and let me have it for the day. Granted, I was at work most of the day, but I still got to drive it a little. Overall, I really like it. Its SO different going from my truck to this thing, but I'd get used to it..lol. The ride was quiet..you could hear engine noise, but not a bunch. The 9 speed trans seemed a little confused at first trying to decide what gear to be in, but from what I understand, it adapts to your driving style..so maybe once it gets some miles on it it'll be better about that. The shifter knob is definitely different, as is the fact that its a push button start-no key. Definitely took a minute to figure out.

My only complaint, is the lack of visibility. I haven't driven a newer car, just a small SUV where there is decent visibility. But that car..man, its hard to see.

At one point, I looked into one of the many storage compartments, and saw this..

20141112_205226_zps8oqnl2ub.jpg

I know its not a great picture, but it says "WP Chrysler" on it. Kinda thought that was cool.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Very cool!
I knew a guy who worked at Enterprise rent a car and used to drive new 300's all the time.....I know I'm nuts.....I really liked them but I still like my oldies better......yep......I'm nuts.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
I like my old rides too, but I wouldn't trade my newer rides for anything. We have an 11 Charger and man that thing just spoils ya. I really like the looks of the 200.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I might get to play with this soon.....
Although I'm trying to talk myself out of it I may go look at it Sunday.

__20.jpg

__20-1.jpg

__20.jpg

__20-1.jpg

brotherGood

Reaction score
I really enjoy the older cars too, but decent power making 36 MPGs..for a daily I'll take that. I'll always have an older car though..the personality and the fun will never go away. Im going to make him save the sticker and all the paperwork for it..sure, they're not going to be a rare commodity 40 years from now..but I'd kill for that stuff for my car.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I really enjoy the older cars too, but decent power making 36 MPGs..for a daily I'll take that. I'll always have an older car though..the personality and the fun will never go away. Im going to make him save the sticker and all the paperwork for it..sure, they're not going to be a rare commodity 40 years from now..but I'd kill for that stuff for my car.

That's why I've always liked that idea Dr LeBaron was talking about.
Dropping a new Pentastar six in one of our older cars.
Killer mileage and 300+ ponies right out of the box.

brotherGood

Reaction score
This thing just has the MulitAir I4 and has some pretty good pep. The V6, heck..that'd be around the HP output of the engine we just built..sadly. But the stuff they're doing with the drivetrains now are awesome...we just got stuck in the smog era with 8:1 compression and many other handicaps. I mean, 145 HP for a V8..thats terrible.

The 9 speed trans still needs some time to learn the driving habits, but once it does, it shouldn't wander between gears.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Also what's nice about newer stuff...
Remote start...nice and warm when you get in.
Seat heaters.....it does feel good. Also set to come on when you remote start.
The keyless deal.....when I first heard about that it was like....that's stupid why would you want that? After having it ...it really is nice to not have to reach in your pocket for the keys....I know ...trivial.

Nice quiet interior so you can really crank up the tunes...comming from the high wattage stereo.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Sort of puts the Grand in Grand Touring, doesn't it? Amazing size and weight on that generation of Imperials/New Yorkers. Even more amazing is their ability to eat highway miles absolutely effortlessly.

Kostas

brotherGood

Reaction score
I'd love to see one of those roll up to a light against a smart car. Not necessarily for a drag race, but a size comparison.

Back