Looking for 1980 woodgrain trim pieces LeBaron wagon

Edd Woody

Reaction score
Hi folks, hope you all had a good Christmas! My Family Truckster has warped woodgrain trim. I'm hoping someone on here can help me locate some replacements?
dec17 051.jpg

Edd Woody

Reaction score
dec17 048.jpg
dec17 048.jpg
This shows the driver door trim that's warped. Any ideas where to look for a replacement?

Mr C

Reaction score
Those are very hard to find nowadays.

Plastic over a metal core as I recall...so in theory maybe they could be straightened.

Edd Woody

Reaction score
Those are very hard to find nowadays.

Plastic over a metal core as I recall...so in theory maybe they could be straightened.
Yes it looks like the metal core rusted and helped warp the plastic. That will be my 1st try to fix.
Thanks

Mr C

Reaction score
In my experience the rust belt cars have a great finish on the wood but go warpy, the straight ones in arid climates, the rubbery plastic fades/ deteriorates...but is straight.

Edd Woody

Reaction score
Mine are perfect. Im considering parting my car if it doesnt sell for $1500 in california. Would you be interested?
Yes I would. please keep me posted. I'd like to buy your complete car if I can get it shipped to Flint Michigan, then across the bridge into Ontario Canada for a reasonable price. I'm going to check with a car dealer broker tomorrow.
If you do decide to part out I'd like the woodgrain outline trim.
Thank you!

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Nigel, at National Moparts, has a Mopar scrap yard. But you may have a hard time finding those in Ontario. They rusted out, in three or four years.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Yeah, man, I cringe for you my friend, this is basically classified as being made from "unobtanium".

I think the best bet would be to find a used piece in a good shape, and it looks like you may have done just that!!!

Man, this reminds me of how long I looked for the wheel well lip trim (fender lip) for my coupe. Heck, years...but while doing so I scored two sets of NOS trim for the 4-door rides, but ZIPPO, ZILCH, NADA, NIC NIE MA for the coupe! Every time a potential lead went nowhere I reminded myself of the last time when I had asked the local dealer to look up the avilability of the part. Couple came up, both were around the $50 price range, and I thought: "ha...like I'm paying THAT much....give it some time and I'm sure you'll be looking for me to buy at MY suggested price"!!! What was I thinking???

Back