Loose tilt wheel -- I think

shadango

Reaction score
I will check and see if I have a spare one of those
Thanks......I'd be interested if you have a spare OEM you would sell.....

The parts stores all sell aftermarket versions...probably chinese....and you have to order and wait a few days.

We are also going to look at the big event we are attending soon.

IF I can find the OEM part number that would help.....

But still, I have to wonder why the heck the switch on the car is the "without tilt " version.....this car is a 35k (or so) original car.....I really dont think anyone has been tinkering with it.......

80mirada

Reaction score
This is the spare I have
20190710_171807.jpg

20190710_170422.jpg

shadango

Reaction score
I found a NOS aftermarket "made is USA" on ebay for $9 shipped and ordered it but its for "without tilt".

WHile it IS the one that came out of the car, I still wonder what the difference is.....maybe there is enough of a difference to have caused it to break to begin with? Worked fine before we started messing with the column though.

Cant for the life of me think of why/how a "non-tilt" would end up in a "tilt" and why the "tilt" has an extra electrical prong!??!?

shadango

Reaction score
The difference is the mounting bracket
...and thats the weird thing.....the bracket is CORRECT orientation on the original, which is DEFINATELY otherwise like the non-tilt version.....the pictures of the "tilt" version online have more prongs etc. than what we have....

????????????????

Back