M body Chrysler almost wins demo derby

Master M

Reaction score
That 5th seemed small against all of those big hearse wagons, but what a tough fight..

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
maybe some people might want to see it.

Well, if anything, we can see how well our cars hold up without having to sacrifice one of our own. It was impressive how a "mid-sized car" can hang with hearses.

LSM360

Reaction score
No doubt the body integrity of the M body is very good. Once in a Library, I found an old Consumer Reports, and I'll never forget the ratings were pretty darn good, other than Electrical and Air Conditioning. And Body Integrity was very good.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Looks to me he got 2nd place, if there is such a thing in a demo derby.

Always amazes me how much pounding a car can take and still keep moving.

I hate to see cars (any cars, regardless of make or model) deliberately destroyed, BUT,,,,,,,,,have also seen the cars that get turned into demo cars and they're usually pretty much junk already. If it wasn't for the demo derby, they'd end up in the crusher anyways.

jamf

Reaction score
Around here the demo derby queers have pretty much ruined all the old cars. They're pretty serious about it too.
Before the older fleet ford crown vics started being cheap to pick up at auction, they were stripping and smashing low miles show quality survivor stuff. Even going out of state to buy cars. They love snagging up grannies fifth avenue when she passes or the kids take the keys from her.

First thing out of the guys mouth at the garage I got my car inspected at a few months ago was "What the hell's that, a hopped up demo car?"

Justwondering

Reaction score
The mechanic that backstops me when I do wrenching on my Fifth Avenue usually has a couple of guys hanging around the waiting room (rural, northeast Texas).
Last time I had the car in so he could review my first attempt (successful) at inner and outer tie rods and the idler arm, one of the guys looks at the car as I was getting the keys for it.

He says 'That would make a great derby car'.
I said 'Touch it and you'll draw back a bloody stump'.
Then I smiled, got my keys and said 'Not kidding, buck-o'.

Last edited:
Back