Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello All,

(originally posted to incorrect forum :-(

My 1988 Plymouth Caravelle (Gran Fury), is in need of a number of parts;

1. Aluminium sill plate – driver or passenger front

2. Ashtray – ideally medium blue colour but not important

3. Under dash pad map light

4. Cruise control – complete including wiring, speedometer cables, servo and control stalk

5. Passenger rear window glass, tinted with weatherstripping attached

6. Four barrel carburettor air cleaner housing

Please let me know price and condition. Shipping via ground is fine (USPS from US or Canada Post in Canada). Payment via PayPal or eTransfer.

Ship to is; LaHave, NS Canada B0R 1C0.

Thank you for reading my ad.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It should be.
I dint know if there's any other differences in the column between cruise and no cruise.

Fresh Air Inspector

Reaction score
Hello AMC Diplomat,

Thanks for the quick reply. No worries if it isn't an exact fit. I plan to put the cruise control functionality in the dash. My car is an AHB police version with a tilt steering column with wiper control (intermittent and lo / high), so it would require a special lever for wiper / cruise / turn signal. I believe the steering column used in the AHB cars is a GM one.

Let me know the total cost for the stalk and shipping (USPS ground is OK), to LaHave, Nova Scotia, B0R 1C0, Canada. I can reimburse you through PayPal. I'll send you a PM with my complete address.

Fresh Air Inspector

Reaction score
Hello AMC Diplomat,

You are definitely a fountain of information. Apologies for not 'seeing' the link in your initial email. I've contacted Marty to buy one of his cruise control stalks. Unfortunately the eBay seller with the rear window glass doesn't ship 'internationally'. So I contacted a friend in Michigan to buy it and then send it to me.

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Check car-part.com it searches wreckers. Look for a door or some random part to find a yard that has a Caravelle or 5th avenue smd ask about the parts you need. Most will ship. There are yards in Ontario and quebec that show them.

I might have some of those parts.

The map light stopped very early on and moved to the dome light.

Fresh Air Inspector

Reaction score
Hello AMC Diplomat,

Thanks for the eBay link. I had checked a number of times in the past and found nothing. I'll follow-up with the seller.

Hello Mikes5thAve,

Appreciate the tip. My car has the provision for mounting a map light as well as the electrical connection just under the dash pad near the HVAC control. This item was more of a 'nice to have' versus a 'have to have'.

I haven't had much luck with 'car-part.com' in the past - condition of the part was much worse than expected. In one case I had to throw the bits in the bin. Here in Nova Scotia we only have one recycling yard left that allows you to pick your own part (Kenny-U-Pull - 1.75 hour drive one way). Unfortunately they don't keep vehicles around for very long which is a pity. For big items like engines / gearboxes I do use the yards in Quebec - quick service and the quoted price often includes shipping to a drop point about 20km from me.

Thanks again.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
They all had the map light mounting still molded into the dash but it's surprising the wiring is there. I'd be guessing it's for something else.

Car-part all depends on the yard. I used a similar site years ago to find body parts and they were as described but the shipping company damaged every single part.

newmexguy

Reaction score
Check car-part.com it searches wreckers. Look for a door or some random part to find a yard that has a Caravelle or 5th avenue smd ask about the parts you need. Most will ship. There are yards in Ontario and quebec that show them.
www.row52.com is another way to find parts, it has listings from mostly pick a part type of yards. But given your location it is probably not worthwhile. Personal experience on row 52 was mostly negative. No one responds to your response, to their wanted ad, and no one responds, when you put out a wanted ad. A few requests sent, for plastic parts here in the Desert. Which supposedly were on a car baking in an Albuquerque yard 225 miles north. Plastics, rubbers and vinyls don't do well in the Desert. Yeesh. So would have to say it's only good to find a donor. How often the average yard updates their listings - am guessing none to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back