Made me sick!

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Surprized the other cars let it last as long as it did . Normally when you compete against something like that , you gang up on it and put it out fast ! Good Job ! Loved it .

D Dodge

Reaction score
The first demolition derby I ever saw, in 1964, featured a 1940 Ford coupe that was in pretty good shape when it first got there. That made me sick!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I've already said my piece on other threads.
Imports...
Couldn't give two....
Old Chrysler's?
Just a stupid waste.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
i bet that chrome trim on the front was valuable before the derby started

Yep. One day one of his buddies will be knocking his head against the wall looking for
"that one piece of chrome trim I need to finish my car"
And then the guy wrecking the car can say....
"Oh... Duh.. I wrecked one of those cars at a derby"
And when his buddy asks "Why would you do something so stupid?" He can give the appropriate answer.
"Cause I'm an idiot".

This is what happens when inbreds buy old Chrysler's
I agree with the title of this thread wholeheartedly.
Makes me sick too.

Last edited:

furyfrank

Reaction score
I have dealt with a few demolition derby guys and they will take off all the good parts and sell them instead of leaving them on the car to get destroyed. Not that I agree with what they are doing.

efriedrich

Reaction score
I'm with the Captain and Olly, screw the derby.

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
M's are pretty tough !

Which is one of the things that makes me a fan of 'em. Having cut one apart for parts for the kids J-body I can see why they're beating the crap out of brand-x in the demo's. Damned things are tied together and reinforced five ways from Sunday.

But the cars are disappearing - and good parts along with 'em - in every demo out there.

Someone said that the demo guys will pull the good parts off? It's more than just bumpers and trim. I'm talking clean sheetmetal, too. Good doors, good rockers, frame rails, etc, that will be absolutely useless afterwards.

Clean cars that might otherwise have been decent project cars in and of themselves, but parts that might bring other cars on the platform back to life. How's the frame rails in that semi-rare F-body? Shot? Too bad, I just crushed a set in a demo derby. Sucks to be you.

Header panels winding up in the garbage because they're just fiberglass and don't add any wait for the scrap pile.

Hey, someone could use the front brakes on an A-, or a B-, or an E-. Guess they'll never get the chance now that the spindle got broken when someone hit my front wheel and put me out.

Pure short sightedness.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Anybody who thinks they can justify mashing an old Mope.
ANY LETTER
Needs to check out joeblo's "Poor mans hemi car" thread.
Here's a car that was a basket case..
Not even "derby worthy"
Most people would have scrapped it. Derby guys who mash Mopars would have destroyed this thing LONG before it got to this point.
What does joe do?
He restores this thing with an incredible and admirable amount of sweat and man hours.
The work that's gone into this car so far is mind blowing.
Attention to detail, second to none.
He might need some parts that he's missing...
Oops sorry... Just wrecked one at the derby that was in a hundred times better shape than your's.... Bummer.

Sort of like throwing rocks through 100 year old stained glass at a church
"Just cause it was fun"
Screw history...
Some people build and create things to preserve the history.
Some people wreck things

Captain's salute for saving her joe
keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Back