Magnum truck shorty headers fit?

4speedjim

Reaction score
Go to the home page and click on the recent post button. It'll be down a few threads

4speedjim

Reaction score
You might want to google EPS swaps. For $200 or less you can get everything you need and swap to a manual steer box. 5 wires is all you need to wire it up I believe. You would lose the PS pump and that massive iron block that will probably leak bad and wander all over the road. It would free up an acre of space for the headers and still be power steering for you. It fixes many of the stumbling blocks and its not a lot of coin. At least look into it. Its much less than $700 headers.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Pickup/Van/Dakota (same part for all three vehicles) – the Magnum exhaust manifolds exit where the firewall currently resides at. I would think the headers pictured above would have the same problem.

Now, Jeep Grand Cherokee Magnum exhaust manifolds exit more to what the FMJ small block manifolds exit at – so I would “think” they would be more likely to fit your car, more than the pickup version does.

Left Pickup/Van/Dakota (’92-03) Magnum:
Mag L 94-03 Truck.jpg

Left (‘93-98) Grand Cherokee Magnum:
Mag L 93-98 GC.jpg

Left FMJ manifold (typical):
318 Manifold L 76-80.jpg

If going with pre ’73 or with Magnum cylinder heads – you don’t have much to worry about with either headers or Magnum exhaust manifolds. The post ’74 up to Magnum cylinder heads have A.I.R. ports that will need to be taken into consideration – otherwise.
CH 318 AIR port 1.jpg

BudW

84Furyus

Reaction score
Pickup/Van/Dakota (same part for all three vehicles) – the Magnum exhaust manifolds exit where the firewall currently resides at. I would think the headers pictured above would have the same problem.

Now Jeep Grand Cherokee Magnum exhaust manifolds exit more to what the FMJ small block manifolds exit at – so I would “think” they would be more likely to fit your car more than the pickup version does.

Left Pickup/Van/Dakota (’92-03) Magnum:
View attachment 32109

Left (‘93-98) Grand Cherokee Magnum:
View attachment 32110

Left FMJ manifold (typical):
View attachment 32111

If going with pre ’73 or with Magnum cylinder heads – you don’t have much to worry about with either headers or Magnum exhaust manifolds. The post ’74 up to Magnum cylinder heads have A.I.R. ports that will need to be taken into consideration – otherwise.
View attachment 32112
BudW
Thanks, I'm just going to hold out till closer to time for head swap.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Mmm Hmm!! Sexy! Did they discontinue there $900 ceramic coated headers now? Id never buy chrome but ceramic is really a necessity.

Back