Mama wanted a wagon...

NoCar340

Reaction score
...and Daddy wanted a Super Bee

One from the Glory Days of Automotive Compromise, and unless I'm missing something it looks like a pretty reasonable asking price.

383 Magnum Coronet 500 wagon

23563752-770-0@2X.jpg

23563752-770-0@2X.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, it's just a Coronet 500 which was the top option non-performance Coronet model for many years. They ordered that as a wagon, still partially in the box it came in (woodgrain), and put a tick in the 383-4V engine option box. It was the biggest engine you could get without the full-blown cop option without stepping up to an R/T. I'm kind of surprised he didn't pop for the tachometer, which he could've gotten in the blank panel to the far right of the speedo. It really wasn't some special deal, it's just not one that a lot of people ordered. When I was but a wee lad, our family truckster was a '69 Polara wagon with a 350-horse 440 and a trailering group. HD 727, huge radiator, 8.75" with a 3.55 Sure Grip.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Click the link--it's the model name, right above the picture. It's for sale. Lots of pictures, too.

NoCar340

Reaction score
You couldn't touch a similar-condition '69 Super Bee for that money, and all you'd have is a lot less people to pitch in for gas! :icon_biggrin:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You couldn't touch a similar-condition '69 Super Bee for that money, and all you'd have is a lot less people to pitch in for gas! :icon_biggrin:

The fact that it's one of my favorite cars.....
And I that I love Chryco wagons makes it just outstanding.
Party Bee.....love it.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I don't know if I'd be able to stop myself from removing the "500" emblem from the grille (it's a bolt-on) and sticking a Bee emblem in it. That, and some 15x7 body-colored wheels with redlines and dog dishes? Nirvana.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd be able to stop myself from removing the "500" emblem from the grille (it's a bolt-on) and sticking a Bee emblem in it. That, and some 15x7 body-colored wheels with redlines and dog dishes? Nirvana.

Oh yeah....that would be hard to top.
It could be the ultimate dream Mopar....the bee logo would be the ultimate touch.

ramenth

Reaction score

I don't know, man... that car is rare enough to leave alone. And it would look good sitting next to my 383-4bbl powered '69 Sport Satellite 4 door. I haven't looked at the numbers on the Dodge side of things, but there was only something like 20 383-4bbl powered Sport Satellite wagons built in '69 and six of those were four speeds.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, the wheels and grille emblem are easy bolt-ons, so you're not permanently hurting the value with either... just put the original stuff back on for shows. Part of what I like about the car is that it's not too nice to drive. It's not a total restoration, just a nice cosmetic one. I think I'd probably go back to the correct exhaust, though.

ramenth

Reaction score
What's killing me is the amount of money. Damn! I can't justify spending that much on a car right now. But I've always dreamed about finding a factory 383-4bbl powered wagon to park next to my 4 door.

NoCar340

Reaction score
But you agree with the Capt. and I that it's a pretty smokin' deal, correct?

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
Notice He put a High Torque starter on it?
That frame around the engine would be as clean as the outside
if it were mine.
High Torque on 383.jpg

High Torque on 383.jpg

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
Tail lights have a 67-69 Dart look to them but smaller.
69 Coronet SW.jpg

Maybe He needed a 383 4bbl because he had alot of kids to haul around .:icon_pray:

69 Coronet SW.jpg

Last edited:
Back