Manual to power brake conversion

Stonekij31

Reaction score
I purchased an in-line tube brake line kit which was designed for a boosted setting. I installed a power brake booster not realizing that the new push rod location would not match the original brake pedal. I purchased a power brake booster swivel linkage for a 70-74 e body…they don’t seem to make one for an f-body. However, the included piece that connects to the brake pedal is not long enough. Any suggestions on how to connect the old brake pedal to the new brake booster?

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Someone more learned than me will know better, but I would think an M body booster would work. I mean, so much shit is the same between Fs and Ms that my M body has a bunch of F body parts that lined up exactly.

But I know nothing about mopars so I'll defer to the experts here.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Screenshot_20230925-213202_Chrome.jpg
If it's a pedal alignment problem, maybe someone here will know if this will work

XfbodyX

Reaction score
If by chance you started with a manual trans pedal setup and are in a pinch you can knock out the pin and use the shoulder type bolt like in the first pic I posted in the prior post. There is also a slightly different pivot arm also used but that might cause more confusion. But the pics show oem setup. Your manual setup simply had a rod from the master to the pedal, power is way different.

3.jpg

4.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
You need to stick with F parts or m or J because of the overall ratio.

IMG_20230925_212746138.jpg
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
You could try Creston Auto Recycling. They have a whole Dodge Diplomat that I bought parts off of. Maybe they can get the brake booster and pedals off for you. Or try your local junkyards. Home - Creston Auto Recycling

Remow2112

Reaction score
You need the pedal converter that XfbodyX showed. But look into the K car booster conversion. Smaller and I find it more effective.

Back