Maple Grove Mega Mopar Action - Feedback Wanted

Rob_Mopar

Reaction score
I'm the president of the Delaware Valley Mopar Association. The DVMA is the car club that has been handling the show field duties for the Maple Grove for the Mega Mopar Action shows.

All parties involved with the event want to improve it for next year. I'm looking for feedback on this year's event. I'd like feedback from both participants (show car people, racers & vendors) and spectators.

Constructive criticism is welcomed. Blanket complaints ("Too expensive! They want it to fail!") doesn't do anything to improve the show next year. Please be specific.

If you believe something was too expensive, please give an example (car show entry, spectator tickets, racing fees, etc.).

If you have attended a similar show that you felt was superior, please state what was better about that show vs. the show at the Grove.

I'll be posting feedback requests on a few Mopar forums. It might take me some time to reply to any questions, so please be patient if I don't get a chance to respond right away.

Thanks,
Rob McCall
President, Delaware Valley Mopar Association

slant6billy

Reaction score
Hey Rob, no complaints here. Just a request for info. Where, when, who? I'm a Phila / So Jersey Mopar infected person with a couple of mopar friends (friends of other car people too). I've been organizing small stuff: Show n shines, Night out at Atco, Gokart racing outings at Millville Motor Speedway, Swap meets, group junkyard dives and other car stuff. So I'm always looking at how other folks run stuff to learn from. Communication is key: websites, mass emails, fliers- all with times, dates & contact info. I always get folks after an event say, "I never knew or never saw anything... next time call me". I'm currently trying to tie a Fall Carshow at the Naval Base in Phila to the Marine's "Toys for Tots"- good public relations for the car person and a good cause. Again, I'm a novice amateur with a few helpers. So I too look for feedback and advice. Also, send me the Maple Grove info or Link. Thanks

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
This show is just starting out. Advertising will help attendance. So will FMJ/FABO member comments. Im in for next years show. I will post a GTG next year for a meet and greet.

The biggest complaint about Carlisle is no race track on site.

The biggest complaint about Englishtown is too many race classes. Sat should be a test and tune, run what ya brung, theres the track- run as many times as you want day. Sundays races should be bracket/class type racing.

How is race class/price run at the Maple Grove show?

Welcome RobMopar!!

Rob_Mopar

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

In some of the talks with the track during the show we covered the promotion problem. I'm putting together suggestions for the Grove for next year and started blitzing the Mopar boards today for feedback. I'll have to run another blitz (or the track promotional staff) after we know the dates for next year.

Back