mini tub questions

9secRR

Reaction score
right now I have 28/9/15 slicks on my R/T. I would like to go with a bigger tire. something in the 10.5'' or possible 11'' wide.

I would have to buy 2 new rims and a 10'' rim would work with the correct backspacing.

do I have to mini tub to get this size of tire under my R/T?

as you can see, my 9'' tire looks kinda small.

IMG_2487.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Im not familiar with the F's, perhaps find the section width and back spacing dimensions of your current rim/ tire combo and then do the same with the new rim/ tire combo. See what hits and what fits.
On the Miradas, the front inside wheel well ( by the front spring hanger) has clearance issues that a sledge hammer can fix. The next issue is the front segment of the leaf spring. Offset spring hangers and offset shackles will help. And the biggest or hardest clearance issue is the frame rail, directly above the axle. You can only move the wheel well or mini tub, 1" as the frame rail is right there. Again, these are 3 clearance issues on a Mirada, but will give you and idea of where to look.

9secRR

Reaction score
I made my way underneath my R/T last night. I have about 1-1/2" from frame rail to slick. And I got 1/4" from slick to spring.

To move my caltracs, springs over to make room for a different off set rim seems to be pointless. If I do that, the only thing comes to mind is go all the way and ladder bar this puppy up!

Then it's fully tubbed and big 14" slicks. I would like the look but my R/T is not fast enough for that.

9secRR

Reaction score
I finally have some time off from work for Christmas.

one thing that keeps bashing around in my head is to mini tub my R/T.

is it worth it?

My imp

Reaction score
Tub it out. Then you have an excuse for needing more horsepower! It's embarrassing to not have enough! Too much is never enough! If you do it the other way around, then you'll be overpowering the suspension, which could be dangerous & expensive!

CM360

Reaction score
A 3.5 bs wheel will fit F body. That would be a 10" wide wheel. Should be able to squeak by with a 10" slick.

Back