Mirada Rear Bumper Fillers - Have you done it?

83CMXGuy

Reaction score
I am looking for someone who has purchased Rear Bumper Fillers from Replica-plastics.com and put them on their Mirada. I bought a set and they seem to be out of shape and are going to require rework. I want to know how hard that rework was and also have a couple other questions.

Any help would be appreciated as cruise season is just around the corner and my car is not looking so swift.

Thanks Brian K

4speedjim

Reaction score
Holy Cow!! Mine aren't that bad. They all need some work. But those... wow That appears unworkable. My thin flimsy VFN's are close. I can work with them.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
1B2C04DF-0005-4C30-A367-DBDDA5AAB782.jpeg
VFN one piece rear bumper clip.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Theres another post on this subject going right now. Maybe between the two, this and the quarter extensions we can get the info together we are all looking for.

80mirada

Reaction score
I originally just used 1/4"-20 screws and nuts, with fender washers. Later I fitted tge reinforcements from my old corners. I also added the license plate bucket and mounting brackets from my center piece.
20180422_141830.jpg
20180422_141835.jpg
20180422_141852.jpg

chmirada

Reaction score
Lol that's my YouTube post on the fit of these panels. The "home life" took me away from my project . I just moved so once I get settled I will be back on this. I was so pissed on the customer service these guys provide . The outcome was that they refused to take the panels and I had to take them back so I posted on them , but it's like shooting yourself in the foot because what are your options? The originals suck , I regret selling my extra originals to a friend that I sold my previous Mirada to . Those were in great shape . I won't buy any originals because they will most likely crumble in your possession. The only person I know is the SRT guy that posted his build on Facebook he did a great job on his extensions . They will require some glassing and working them to shape . I'm surprised the aftermarket never looked at these as a big money maker as well as the T top seals.

chmirada

Reaction score
I forgot to mention Vfn is another option but are a bit out of the budget for now plus it takes some time for these guys to process the order .

jasperjacko

Reaction score
If you have a J body, this is sadly their fate. Mine are starting to show the symptoms as well.

Moore Mirada

Reaction score
I am stuck in the same boat, I think I’m going to have to work with the out of shape fiberglass ones I have. I guess there a starting block.

High Speed Pursuit

Reaction score
My friend shaped his quarter extensions out of roofing flashing ( because its easy to shape) and then is using bondo and resin to finish them off. He is working on the Cordoba now, but did his Mirada the same way three years ago and so far so good on no cracks, fractures, etc. Any method and material will almost work if you have a little patience and a lot of time.

IMG_20180604_201214607.jpg

IMG_20180517_110751352.jpg

Mn mopar

Reaction score
Yes t-top seals need to be made again i need a set, i think im just going to get the one piece rear from vfn this winter and work on it in the spring

Back