mirada

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor71

Reaction score
Good luck When i was looking for them several years ago none found but i do remember reading about a guy possibly making some sold the car and never looked into it again

mopar guy

Reaction score
Try Replica Plastics I bought some for my 81 Cordoba about a year ago and was pleased with their products. That's replicaplastics.com or you can call, the number is 1 800 873-5871. Check em out.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Try Replica Plastics I bought some for my 81 Cordoba about a year ago and was pleased with their products. That's replicaplastics.com or you can call, the number is 1 800 873-5871. Check em out.

It's actually replica-plastics.com

Do you have pics of yours installed? I've never heard anyone say anything good about them. BUT, that was back when supposedly all they made was the Cordoba ones, and they didn't fit right on the Mirada. Now I see they are saying on their order page to specify whether Cordoba or Mirada is needed, so maybe they made the adjustments needed for proper fit on the Mirada?

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
VFN FiberGlass

CAM00062.jpg

72Dodge

Reaction score
VFN FiberGlass

Sorry to hijack, but this might help the OP also:

I'm thinking of (eventually) getting the VFN Fiberglass piece. It's driving distance from me, so I can pick it up along with a glass hood :)

Do you just cut out the taillight sections to stick the taillights through, so it can go on a street-lit car? This really looks like the ideal solution for a "permanent" fix to the whole problem. Enables removal of the bumper and the bumper shocks too, to save a whole lot of weight. Would love to see a pic of one of these installed on a street car.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
It's no hijack, the repulsive plastics are garbage. While the OP hasn't logged on in a while, we can all add some sort of options.
NOS fender extensions are expensive $$$ and are for the serious restoration project.
Replica Plastics are in my opinion garbage, and it's a fact that they have absolutely no customer service.
Then there is the VFN complete rear clip. Perfect for the drag racer and as you guessed, can be modified to accept tail lights. The bumper can be Alsa Wrapped with their chrome wrap, or can be cut out and a stock Mirada bumper can be used for a daily driver. The license plate recess is not as deep as the factory stock unit.
So to be honest, any fiberglass piece will require some work for proper fitting.

72Dodge

Reaction score
That's great. I would just cut out the taillights, pop the license plate on there and call it good enough for very occasional street use. My goal is barely streetable anyway, so... good enough. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back