Mirada's Drive (video)

slant6billy

Reaction score
Slant6Billy: What can you tell me about the "Indy Ram" pictured in the background. Is that yours?
Actually, it is a SS/T Ram. The Indy were only produced on a limited basis in 1996. The 97 pictured is No 50 produced. They were Black with silver and then other colors were white with a blue strip. Later Red with silver and finally green with silver. I'm the original owner of the black one pictured. It was lowered by me and Roadrunninmark. Dropped it 9 inch in the front and 11 in the back on the one year anniversary of Nine Eleven in 2002. Volant intake, titanium wrapped ram horn headers. Carbon fibre side mirrors, Hypertech performance ECU box, narrowed stock front rims (recently done by a shop). Original paint and only 80 k on the odometer. Here is a shot from this past weekend with the mirada and Gator's 79 Runner
IMG_1436.JPG
IMG_1437.JPG
IMG_1438.JPG
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Your SS/T is beautiful! I recall being attracted to these while in college. I went to a couple of dealerships, and they had no clue what a SS/T was -- Which speaks to the relative rarity of the model. Fast forward twenty some-odd years, and I find a 1996 Indy Ram at a consignment shop ... With less than 900 miles on the clock. It was nearby, so I went and had a look. The wrapper was still on the seats, and I fell in love... and bought it. The truck is bone stock. It had the original Goodyears, but since I daily drive it, I recently swapped out the old tires for some Nexen NT400's. It had 22 year old gas in it; I had to work out a misfire, fixed. It had the common cruise-control-broken-vacuum-line issue. Fixed that. Everything works, so I basically bought a brand new, 22 year old truck. I'm trying to track down a rattle in the pass-side A-pillar, and I have found several TSBs. There's one that removes a rivet in the glove box, because it rubs on an HVAC servo, that one has been performed. There's another that requires a weld on the frame; I can't tell if that one has been performed, but that rattle is driving me crazy. So here's what a 900 mile Indy Ram looks like circa 2017:

20170415_152621_resized_2.jpg

20170415_152629_resized_3.jpg

20170401_155857_resized.jpg

20170401_233150_resized_1.jpg

20170401_233219_resized_1.jpg

20170415_152621_resized_2.jpg

And here are some pictures from January 2017 -- From the dealer showing how clean this thing is:

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 "Indy Ram"

PS: I have the "Official Pace Truck" stickers that came with the truck in a box. I understand they came with these trucks, and it was up to the buyer if they wanted them applied. I think they look a little over-the-top, so I'll save them for the next owner.

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Your SS/T is beautiful! I recall being attracted to these while in college. I went to a couple of dealerships, and they had no clue what a SS/T was -- Which speaks to the relative rarity of the model. Fast forward twenty some-odd years, and I find a 1996 Indy Ram at a consignment shop ... With less than 900 miles on the clock. It was nearby, so I went and had a look. The wrapper was still on the seats, and I fell in love... and bought it. The truck is bone stock. It had the original Goodyears, but since I daily drive it, I recently swapped out the old tires for some Nexen NT400's. It had 22 year old gas in it; I had to work out a misfire, fixed. It had the common cruise-control-broken-vacuum-line issue. Fixed that. Everything works, so I basically bought a brand new, 22 year old truck. I'm trying to track down a rattle in the pass-side A-pillar, and I have found several TSBs. There's one that removes a rivet in the glove box, because it rubs on an HVAC servo, that one has been performed. There's another that requires a weld on the frame; I can't tell if that one has been performed, but that rattle is driving me crazy. So here's what a 900 mile Indy Ram looks like circa 2017:

View attachment 26960

View attachment 26961

View attachment 26957

View attachment 26958

View attachment 26959

View attachment 26960

And here are some pictures from January 2017 -- From the dealer showing how clean this thing is:

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 "Indy Ram"

PS: I have the "Official Pace Truck" stickers that came with the truck in a box. I understand they came with these trucks, and it was up to the buyer if they wanted them applied. I think they look a little over-the-top, so I'll save them for the next owner.
Nice truck. Look for a set of NOS Mopar ground package running boards

Back