Mmmmmm Good!

53ryder

Reaction score
Look what followed me home today! A 1987 Chrysler 5th Avenue! Guess I'll be learning about the 'lean burn'!

IMG_3751.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3754.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3750.JPG

Last edited:

53ryder

Reaction score
This was a California car for roughly 31 years, then it moved to Washington state a couple of years ago. The 2nd owner lives about 10 miles north of me. I'm now the 3rd owner. I found the ad on Facebook's 'Marketplace'. Has a few minor things to square away. Raining today. I'll just look at it through the living room windows.

Glenn

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Looks very nice.
Color seems to vary by area. That's one of the more common colors around here.

LSM360

Reaction score
I love it Glenn! Sharp looking car for sure! When the lean burn works, it works well. When it doesn't, sputter sputter. When it acts up, you replace or convert. You'll have to decide if you're a purist or not :)

Congrats!

Larry

P.S. Looks like the 26" radiator normally on AHB's?

Duke5A

Reaction score
AHB? Lesson time. What does that mean?

Glenn

Fender tag code for fleet model. Bigger front sway bar, rear sway bar, additional welds, 8.25" axle, larger alternator and a lot of other goodies.

All of the cop car stuff swaps right into any other FMJ body. The cop sway bars make one hell of a difference on a Fifth Avenue.

LSM360

Reaction score
Maybe someone swapped in a bigger radiator or it has a tow package? I don't recall if they were available with tow package, although I don't see trans cooler lines, but that looks like the 26" radiator to me.

MoparDan

Reaction score
That radiator looks like the same one mine came with, I believe my other three M-bodies had this radiator too (none were AHBs) Edit: I found a picture of my old '87 Fifth Avenue's engine, it looks like the same radiator to me
3182ndpic12.jpg

87fifthave.jpg

Last edited:

MoparDan

Reaction score
My other two also had this radiator, the gold one is an '82 New Yorker (w/Fifth Avenue Edition package) and the red one was a pretty much fully loaded '87 Diplomat SE

1982chrysler.jpg

87dipse.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
One of mine has narrower tanks but most of the Ms I've seen have the wider tanks like that but it's usually a different core width then the HD stuff.

53ryder

Reaction score
The color gray is very fitting for the Pacific Northwest. That and the color "it's raining still!".:rolleyes:

Glenn

Back