Modified rear bumper?

ca180

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tucked the rear bumper forward on their F Body? I don't like how far out it sits and would rather do away with the filler panels. I haven't had a chance to check out the brackets, but I can't imagine it would be all that hard.

Thanks in advance

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Either collapse the bumper shocks or make yourself some new brackets to replace them. It will still stick out to the sides though.
I've seen it done with the bumper actually welded to the rear but I believe he used an a body duster rear bumper.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I saw it this weekend. He cut some of the bumper shock off and welded it back together. It looked good but as Jim mentioned it will stick out on the sides. You could cut the bumper and shave the sides some and then have it chromed.

ca180

Reaction score
i just recently saw what the bumper brackets look like. I think I have a good idea of what I'll need to do.

In the mean time, here's an example of what I was talking about.

Oh, and I don't mind a little overhang

Thanks for the advice guys!

plymouth_volare_roadrunner_with_weld_wheels_17_1.jpg

lowbudget

Reaction score
On my Valiant I just drilled a hole in the bumper shock, collapsed them to where I wanted and welded them up solid. There is a thread on how to do it over at forabodiesonly.

ca180

Reaction score
Just did a little research on that... Looks simple enough! Can you explain exactly where I'm supposed to drill? There aren't any pictures on the A body site as to how to do it... just how they DID it..

THanks again!

lowbudget

Reaction score
I'm at work in Kuwait or I'd just slide under it and look. I can't be sure but read a post that said rear of the shock. I would have to look at it to be sure as it was I long time ago. I would imagine anywhere to drain some oil. Wear goggles though.

Back