money is tight

slant6billy

Reaction score
The economy is still slow right now, but it had been worse.

I expect around tax day, better buying and selling.

Still, whole cars are big money and parts are not anything cheap

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well it is safe to say I am broke. Wife has a new complete kitchen. New cabinets. New floor. New counter tops. New dishwasher. New freezer. I asked her if she was happy the kitchen has more money tied into it then any of my rides Lol.

greymouser7

Reaction score
I have like less than ten bucks until payday. only two cars are registered. Can't afford to register the road runner, it sat for so long at the mechanics shop the state of georgia wants back taxes on it-over 250 bucks to make the tags current.

my favorite civic (cost 1500, the other cost a thousand to get running) hasn't run in over a year, the money i would have allotted for it went to me and rich and build our f-bodies. i can't figure whether to pay off debt or get my mopars ready for the chance i might get orders to the north west corner of the 48 states

I pray to GOD that I don't get transferred up there, i'll loose the house, and we don't have credit to get another one any more. wife spent over 400 dollars on groceries and it's a fight for frugal-ness that is just not worth our marriage peace

i bought the harbor freight paint gun before she spent the last of the money on extra (has to be cute) baby clothes. the baby has more designer clothes than all the FMJ members (family bought) online at once have.

she quit working for the baby and I lose 25K a year which bought groceries, paid for her gas, and our cell phones. she delivered commercial/business side of the auto parts stores which had tons of benefits between discounts, discontinued items, and the in-town car businesses treated me like a celebrity

I chose the aspen because i like the way it looked as much as early challengers, chargers, plymouths, and other cars but could afford (short and long term) to have, and work towards the vehicle, not paying 300 dollars a pop for expensive mopar nomenclature parts

i make too damn much money to be soo damn broke, but i have college loans, and debt-it has been hard to manage a budget when we race to spend it before the other does-which is so damn immature, yet insurmountable some how

Last edited:

brotherGood

Reaction score
Yeah, same here..no money and it ain't funny. Tax time hopefully will be a slight relief, although my boss screwed with my taxes, so we'll see. Gotta call roto rooter..its that time of the year to clear the sewer line...I need to get I replaced, but if I do that, I'm yanking the massive tree (along main st/state route) and concreting from the front half of the garage to the street (probably 60 yards, 10ft wide..plus approach. So, that's not happening until something changes check wise.

Been waiting for a guy to buy some parts he said he was going to..to buy a carb that is actually the correct size. Once its stopping and going, then I'll tag it and drive it.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Should be getting our taxes back any day now. When they come in, I have the choice of finishing off the balance of my student loan, and becoming completely debt-free for the first time in 21 years. I've had debt in one form or another since I went to Texas for spring break when I was 19, and applied for a GM Mastercard to get the free t shirt for filling out the form.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
and have $2,500 leftover to open a Money Market account with, AND give the wife $3,000 to do whatever the f%*& she wants with.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
when I was in my 20s there were couple years in a row that I barely made $2,000. and I survived, so now, I can literally live on next to nothing for myself taking what I can get. I couldn't have gotten someone to lend me money at gunpoint.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
My point is, it's a choice. I can just as easily trade my current motorcycle in for a different style one, and make it a pproject withmy $2,500, I could also just as easily spend the $5,000 on a boat and not touch the debt at all.

compubert

Reaction score
Should be getting our taxes back any day now. When they come in, I have the choice of finishing off the balance of my student loan, and becoming completely debt-free for the first time in 21 years. I've had debt in one form or another since I went to Texas for spring break when I was 19, and applied for a GM Mastercard to get the free t shirt for filling out the form.
Sooo, have you worked out how much the free t-shirt actually wound up costing? ;-)
Did the same thing and I may never find the dollar amount...

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Sooo, have you worked out how much the free t-shirt actually wound up costing? ;-)
Did the same thing and I may never find the dollar amount...

no lol, but I do know at one point on a different card it cost me a weeks pay to keep up with the interest, when I was living from one check to another

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I let that one go to collections, since all they could threaten me with was keeping me from borrowing more money, which was the last thing I wanted to do anyway, and it stopped the interest from piling. Ended up convincing someone to bale me out on it for the original amount.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
dealing with collectors isn't that bad. every conversation with them boils down to "is the debt real" "is it going to be paid" "do you have the money to pay it now"

Monkeyed

Reaction score
and it's a chat you have ONCE the rest of the time, if I don't know the number, it goes to voicemail. I will call you when I'm prepared to pay.

greyghost

Reaction score
I finally got my last document I needed to get my taxes done. I don't have a clue if I'll be getting anything back. I don't have health insurance because I feel like I can't afford it. I keep seeing those commercials on TV about affordable health care insurance so I guess I should check that out. I'm on a tight income from my 401Ks. My only debt is my house, auto/home insurance and monthly utilities. I'm trying to manage my budget so can get some things for my LeBaron. I'm still planning getting a 4bbl carb from Tallhair, trashing the lean-burn and getting a pair of 8"x15" steelies for the rear with new tires all around. As you can see, like many of us, I have big dreams and no cash!
As far as "trashing my lean-burn" there are kits on Ebay for $275 but there are also HEI kits that "look" like the same thing as the conversion kit. When I questioned the seller if the HEI kit would do the same thing as the lean-burn conversion kit, his response was "What is lean-burn?" I didn't honor him with a response!:sad1:

Last edited:

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I finally got my last document I needed to get my taxes done. I don't have a clue if I'll be getting anything back. I don't have health insurance because I feel like I can't afford it. I keep seeing those commercials on TV about affordable health care insurance so I guess I should check that out. I'm on a tight income from my 401Ks. My only debt is my house, auto/home insurance and monthly utilities. I'm trying to manage my budget so can get some things for my LeBaron. I'm still planning getting a 4bbl carb from Tallhair, trashing the lean-burn and getting a pair of 8"x15" steelies for the rear with new tires all around. As you can see, like many of us, I have big dreams and no cash!
As far as "trashing my lean-burn" there are kits on Ebay for $275 but there are also HEI kits that "look" like the same thing as the conversion kit. When I questioned the seller if the HEI kit would do the same thing as the lean-burn conversion kit, his response was "What is lean-burn?" I didn't honor him with a response!:sad1:

From what I've seen HEI will work, it's more a brand loyalty issue than anything else.

greymouser7

Reaction score
I have seen some real cheap HEI kits on eBay as well-remember that they most likely are Chinese made, and trust me, you don't want to be stranded with crap electronics to trouble shoot on the side of the road - I had that happen over and over again with a mopar voltage regulator that kept putting out 16 volts and frying my coil- I thought that it was fuel issue the way the car would almost turn over

I am on the same boat with the t-shirt thing -predatory loan- cost me $2500 dollars and was the first thing that I paid off with my first military paycheck

Back