money is tight

greymouser7

Reaction score
I had a tax accountant (he died this past year) strictly because I went from getting $100-$350 back a year to $2K-5K back a year, claiming ourselves no less. E-6 income.

We maintain two residences IAW the books as split crew submarine command similar to what congressional representatives/senators do with their home state residence and their DC residence - a untaxable categorized spending money that is reimbursed at the end of the year loop hole while I am attached to Trident subs.

The house and the baby got me back allot last year. This year I am finishing the Aspen, por-15'ing the two remaining viable mopar bodies I got for a few hundred bucks and am going to try and slap some LKQ guaranteed junkyard motors in them to make them yard-driveable. I have to fix and replace some fences as well this year for the baby and potential house sale.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Managing money is not easy. I use this rule: My paycheck goes to my house, wife, kids, food, other bills. My side jobs, working my neighbors' stuff ( I charge way below any mechanic), and other odd job stuff; sales of parts and tools- all go to the vehicles. The vehicles take priority is this order....... mopars first and honda last. I mean it's a honda, it's throw away, so no repaint. The mopars get the garage, the good oil, good plugs - you get my meaning. Right now, my van is either getting traded, sold or made over. The van is running good, but needs front shocks and front brakes by the summer- so that is 160 in parts ( I'll see if I can unload some stuff). I'd like to do a rebuild on the front end (tie rods, pitman arm, links, etc), but out of my budget and the van goes down the road pretty damn straight.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I get paid every week.
First check is essentially mine (car maintenance, etc)
Next three are essentially spoken for.
Just had to come up with $2000 for my trailer site fees....another grand in May. It hurts but it's a poor man's cottage.....would go insane without that getaway.

Money is tight year round for me and even tighter at trailer dues time and Christmas when I'm off for 10 days...no I don't get paid for it....we shut down.

On top of all that my wife was off work for three months so I had to cover what she would normally kick in for....

I used to dream of all kinds of car mods....
Now I just watch for oil and parts I need to go on sale

Monkeyed

Reaction score
If you paid U.S. taxes this year, and didn't get a refund, thank you.

Screenshot_2015-02-06-08-28-15.jpg

When I graduated high school I fully expected to have a psychology dregree with a business minor, and be seeing relief like this on a weekly basis. By the time that first spring break credit card rolled around, I'd drank and partied my way out of that dream, but still believed I'd make it happen somehow.. ah well.

Screenshot_2015-02-06-08-28-15.jpg

Back