mopars in the park swap meet

alf44

Reaction score
anyone going to the mopars in the park car show? farmington,mn may31-june 1st. ill be selling f body and some m body parts. if you go and are looking for parts ill have a sign with my name ,, alf44, so you can find me,lol.. thanks for any interest

72Dodge

Reaction score
Not sure yet if I'm going yet or not. It's a long long drive. Last year's show and swap was great though!

alf44

Reaction score
yup ,i went last year also, try to make it at least every other year.. hope to see you there !

72Dodge

Reaction score
I probably saw you, maybe even talked to you and didn't even know it! About the only things I bought last year were a 72 Dart grille and a bunch of random swag!

alf44

Reaction score
i bought nuttin last year but a cpl yrs ago got a great set of ralley wheels... now im sellin em :)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Tough call for me. I'd like to but I'm always tight for time and can usually only make one big show....this year that'll probably Moparfest.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Oh yeah.....it's a long haul for a show for me.
Too bad though....be great to meet up.
When I'm a crusty old depends wearing retired bastard I'll have time to come down......my Caravelle should be finished by then. :happy7:

alf44

Reaction score
update on swap meet !!! i will not be entering the swap meet this year as funds dried up to pay enter fee and gas n stuff to get there. but i will still be going to show. might as well as i took the day off of work,, lol

JeffB#2

Reaction score
I'll be there Saturday morning, not showing a car though. I'll be hanging out with friends for a while at the "MN Drag ways and Twin City North Star Speedway" display. Their late father owned and raced the "Minnesota Green" car back in the day. I guess they were tracked down by someone at Midwest Mopars a few months ago and invited to bring the car over for the display. I'm really happy the car is finally making an appearance at this show. Their father Pat was a little embarrassed by the paint and lettering scheme left over from his younger days but it REALLY makes the car with the 30+ year old paint, gold leaf even!

Pat.jpg

Pat.jpg

alf44

Reaction score
I'll be there Saturday morning, not showing a car though. I'll be hanging out with friends for a while at the "MN Drag ways and Twin City North Star Speedway" display. Their late father owned and raced the "Minnesota Green" car back in the day. I guess they were tracked down by someone at Midwest Mopars a few months ago and invited to bring the car over for the display. I'm really happy the car is finally making an appearance at this show. Their father Pat was a little embarrassed by the paint and lettering scheme left over from his younger days but it REALLY makes the car with the 30+ year old paint, gold leaf even!

View attachment 5791

ill be there sat morning so illlook for that display

JeffB#2

Reaction score
He has no reason to be embarrassed, Minnesota Green looks great!

That picture is about 10 years old, I took it at Rock Falls Raceway. Pat (in the blue-green shirt on the right side) passed away in an ATV accident a couple of years ago. His sons are hauling the car over this weekend for the show.
Talking to him a few years ago it sounded like he wasn't too "keen" on what ended up on the car. It reads "Panama Pat" on there too LOL. He turned out to be one hell of a nice guy though and his wife and kids are great people. There's a cool story behind that car and how it got the paint job though. Before that paint scheme it was lettered up as "Untouchable". Original paint color on it is either very close to or the same as the Minnesota State Patrol maroon that's been used for a VERY long time. Pat was talking about sanding it all down and re-shooting it that original color. Embarrassed or not, doing that would have nuked the history and value of the car. To me, it's one of those cars that should just be left as it is from another era. There are a couple of YouTube videos of it that they took at Rock Falls a while back. I believe that it went 10.80s last time I saw it run. Joe and Tony are the sons, the family farm is just a couple of miles from here, we've known them for a little over 10 years.

gtsdude

Reaction score
I will be there on Saturday, will have to check that car out.

JeffB#2

Reaction score
There are almost never more than 4-5 F-bodies there, most years less. I know there are more in the area but they just don't show up there in any kind of number. Years ago Jeff R, Kevin and myself would always have our Super Coupes there and maybe another stray random F would be there.

Back