mopars in the park swap meet

alf44

Reaction score
we were there today and guess what we saw????? NO volare or aspens on the show field. saw a black 80 volare 2 door drive by the swaps but thats it. and only saw a few parts like a cpl tail lights,,, very sad,, lol

JeffB#2

Reaction score
Jeff R from Savage was there as usual with his Super Coupe. Bill C from out here in western WI had a couple in the display-only area. One F and something else in the car corral. There was a maroon Mirada somewhere, race class in the show filed maybe? Wife took a few pics, I'll find her camera later.

About what I expected, as usual.

69Coronetrt

Reaction score
we were there today and guess what we saw????? NO volare or aspens on the show field. saw a black 80 volare 2 door drive by the swaps but thats it. and only saw a few parts like a cpl tail lights,,, very sad,, lol

I saw the two F bodies in the "Display" section (the farthest part of the NE corner of the grounds); one was an R/T IIRC.
I saw the S/C but didn't get to really look at it.
Sorry I forgot to look you up in the swap meet.

69Coronetrt

Reaction score
I'll be there Saturday morning, not showing a car though. I'll be hanging out with friends for a while at the "MN Drag ways and Twin City North Star Speedway" display. Their late father owned and raced the "Minnesota Green" car back in the day. I guess they were tracked down by someone at Midwest Mopars a few months ago and invited to bring the car over for the display. I'm really happy the car is finally making an appearance at this show. Their father Pat was a little embarrassed by the paint and lettering scheme left over from his younger days but it REALLY makes the car with the 30+ year old paint, gold leaf even!

View attachment 5791

Thanks for bringing it out. I loved looking at it.

alf44

Reaction score
I saw the two F bodies in the "Display" section (the farthest part of the NE corner of the grounds); one was an R/T IIRC.
I saw the S/C but didn't get to really look at it.
Sorry I forgot to look you up in the swap meet.

was that on sat or sunday? as we didnt see any of sat morning, saw the mirada..didnt get to the N E corner

JeffB#2

Reaction score
that was one of the first cars we looked at and i told my wife about it from this site, awesome car and story

Joe and Tony, Pat's sons, met some great people that did remember the car from back in the day. One guy walked up and started chatting with them and said he knew the car. It got more interesting when he started talking about unique things about the car that only someone REALLY familiar with it would know - locations of switches inside, a decal that isn't there now on a window but that you can barely see the outline of when it's pointed out. Turns out he knew it was an old MN State Patrol car and was a past owner of the car. They swapped phone numbers, emails addresses and pictures with a few folks. Someone brought pictures for them to look at that they had never seen. I haven't talked to either one of them since Saturday but I'm betting they're glad they brought the car there. Pat's wife Mary was supposed to make it there on Sunday, I bet there were a few wet eyes that day. It's a pretty emotional deal for them.

It sounds like there's growing interest in "nostalgia match racing" around the country. They were recently approached by someone about hauling the car to places like Great Lakes Dragaway, Brainerd MN, Columbus, etc to see if they wanted to do it. Sounds like Joe wants to do it. Would be great to see more of these "old paint" cars do that kind of thing. It won't be this year for MN Green but possibly next year.

Back