More Progress

Justwondering

Reaction score
Today was a very good day.

Got the new faucet installed in the guest bathroom, upstairs. Finally, I can wash my hands without having to go to the kitchen.
Bought containers for the dog food and loaded them up. That ugly plastic, green trash can is now banished from the house.
Added another foot to the exterior wall on the downstairs wall. If the weather holds, I will have that 14 foot length complete within two weeks (well before Christmas).
Met my brother and his two kids at the local grocery store. Enjoyed the hour I spent going up and down the store aisles with my niece and nephew.
Made plans to visit with them on Saturday for a cookie baking day.
Got everything unloaded at home and put up.
Have the turkey in the oven and it should be done by midnight.
Good day.

Master M

Reaction score
It seems you could outwork most people when you say it is a good day and the turkey is done by midnight.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Somedays are good days.
Today - was not so much.
All that pride on having the faucet installed .... crashed at 5:45 am when the water pump froze up. No water today so I couldn't use the faucet.
Already had friends coming to help put the plastic on the greenhouse which didn't happen. Instead we spent the day chasing parts, getting a new pump, removing the old lines and old pump, eating leftovers and watching nebraska get whipped by Iowa (they are from Iowa).

Did get two loads of concrete done so the wall is 3 foot tall now. Just 8 foot left to go.

Tomorrow (sat) is cookie baking day so I won't get much done tomorrow other than quality time with extended family.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Volare, LOL!
Thinking back to when I was younger and all the stuff I'd get done in one day, can't figure out how I did it. Oooh, there's the problem! Worked so hard in my 30's and 40's that in my 50's, my body is all worn out and in need of a restoration. Yeah, that's it! Don't like this getting old crap, don't like it at all.:(

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
500 .... Yup if it weren't for the aches and pains I wouldn't know I was alive .. and it was in my 50's I really slowed down .. seems like a long time ago now .. lol

But I think justwondering still would of had me beat even in my prime !!

Justwondering

Reaction score
You guys are a hoot!
I just had a kick ass end to the week...
IMG_6422.JPG

My new starter is in, and it works!
I did have a vacuum line issue, but found that and reconnected the line. Vroom Vroom !
Put 83 miles on that tank of gas today..

IMG_6423.JPG

Last 10 days I got this much wall done ... Not as much as I wanted but too many doctor appointments and thanksgiving I took that day off.
IMG_6424.JPG

Moved the electric over about 3 foot to get it away from the black water pipe. Am trying a different way to integrate it into the wall. Decided on a larger box in the wall that I can put a door on after the wall is finished.

IMG_6425.JPG

Got the propane working on the replacement room heater. Managed to get an elbow on the connector on the bottom so I can take the pieces of granite back outside this year. Without the elbow the line kinks so we used two piles of granite last year. lol

IMG_6427.JPG

Present I got this morning.
IMG_6429.JPG

Yesterday's activity. Getting the plastic on the greenhouse.
IMG_6432.JPG

Lost daylight before I got the last two corners done so we finished up in the dark.
IMG_6430.JPG

Today was trenching so the copper line for the propane can be installed.
IMG_6431.JPG

Tomorrow is black pipe and manifold so we can heat water in the water tank and the propane heater if needed.

I figure if I can just get some of these projects out of the way before my joints give out .... but then I'm an optimistic dreamer.:p

Justwondering

Reaction score
Bud,
I bet if you posted all your daily life (2 kids, work, wife, family, house, cars, forum help, etc) you'd have a much longer list. You just juggle it and keep on keeping on.
I heard there was another large earthquake in cushing yesterday.
I didn't feel it cause I was cruising the highway in the fifth avenue.
Did you feel the earth move in Oklahoma?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn’t. It was reported to be a 4.8 or something.

Everyone is saying it’s caused from fracking and waste water and so forth.

I don’t believe them. They have always had minor quakes here before they drilled their first hole – just always been really minor (2.0 and so forth).

My unprofessional opinion is: Dirt and rock is heavy. You dig a tunnel under the ground in soft area, well something is going to give.
What I think is happening (if it even has anything to do with oil to begin with) is removing a few million barrels of oil – you now have a “void”, and a few megatons of dirt above it, with nowhere to go.

I have a degree in automotive technology, and not in geography (or whatever it’s called) – so don’t ask my for my opinion on something I know nothing about. I can ponder all I want.

BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
Here's a similar train of thought...
water is heavy and when you build a reservoir and fill it or empty a reservoir you are starting the 'sloshing' of the ground. Water is pretty heavy compared to grass and air and a few tree roots.

The earth is a relatively soft/mushy area. Ever notice the bottles and car tires that sift to the surface at grandpa's place when they buried the trash that they couldn't put in the burn barrel?

You'd think the glass bottle or the tire is heavy and it would stay buried but the ground is constantly moving (water in, water out, air in, air out, hot - expand, cold - contract).

I believe fracking contributes to the problem from the 'water displacement' issue as well as encouragement of earth migration. I'd also agree that moving that much oil out of all those millions of fractures impacts the intensity of the earthquakes.

But I also agree that cause and effect is questionable.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Well there wasn't much actual progress made on the house or the car.
BUT
ARMY finally beat NAVY! Hot Damn!

Now that is progress.

Oh, and I spent the morning backing chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies.
This evening is peanut better and butter cookies.

Great game.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Course you do realize that next year I root for Navy.
One of the rivalries that I always root for last year's loser.
15 years I've been rooting for ARMY.

I love that at the end of the game both teams go to the band and stand respectfully while their school song is played and sung!

Then they empty onto the field while the other side sings.

They have so much energy and look like they could single handedly whip all the invading space aliens. Assuming the space aliens decide to invade.

Master M

Reaction score
Well there wasn't much actual progress made on the house or the car.
BUT
ARMY finally beat NAVY! Hot Damn!

Now that is progress.

Oh, and I spent the morning backing chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies.
This evening is peanut better and butter cookies.

Great game.
Mmmmmmmm cookies..

Justwondering

Reaction score
LOL -- yep... cookies are good.
They were awesome just out of the oven.
I'll give you a heads up next time so you can load up the car and drive thousands of miles.

Back