More questions on my linkage (shifter cable)

Efful

Reaction score
Hello y’all, was having shifting issues after I had connected my B&M shifter, found the issue and had fixed it before anyone had responded and will be sharing the info in case some one has the same problems.
The problem I was having was when putting my shifter into park, and manually putting the transmission into park after connecting the cable I would go through the gears and back into park, it would keep getting stuck in 1st and wouldn’t go back into park.

Now I have never done anything like this before so I was getting really stumped, I was watching the wire when shifting and noticed a bolt under my shifter loose and catching the underbody causing the wire inside to slip, attached the bolt and nut into the bracket on the shifter and it had fixed the shifting issues.
IMG_4423.jpeg
IMG_4422.jpeg

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Efful ... could you do me a favor?
Next time you start up a thread with problems, please don't delete it.
When you figure out the fix for the problem, just add it to the thread so the next person who might have that problem can learn from you.
JW

Efful

Reaction score
Efful ... could you do me a favor?
Next time you start up a thread with problems, please don't delete it.
When you figure out the fix for the problem, just add it to the thread so the next person who might have that problem can learn from you.
JW
I do apologize, that feature was probably removed for that exact reason. When I get home I’ll go through what I did and take some pics and edit this post for the potential of helping someone in the future.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Efful --
Bless you for caring enough to 'redo' your efforts.
You make a great addition to our Mopar family.
JW

Back