Motor mounts

mpdave391

Reaction score
Will the motor mounts off my 318 out of my volare work on a 360 I want to put in volare

Duke5A

Reaction score
Ears on the driver side are further apart. Just shim it with a longer bolt and washers. Passenger side is requires nothing.

volare 1977

Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason aftermarket doesn`t make the 360 mount. They only sell the 318 one. As said some washers will take up the space.

Camtron

Reaction score
This recently came up on one of the FB groups for these cars. I left the group after the alarming amount of people answering that, they used the same exact mount as the 318 with no difference.
They’re different mounts, the 360 mounts are really hard to find, you almost always get 318 mounts when you order something listed as a 360 mount.
Shim your DS 318 mount with some washers and a longer bolt and it will work fine in the 360.

…makes you wonder how many people are driving these cars around with a crooked engine. I already had a guy swear it was the only way to do his 340 swap. Again on FB.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
This recently came up on one of the FB groups for these cars. I left the group after the alarming amount of people answering that, they used the same exact mount as the 318 with no difference.
They’re different mounts, the 360 mounts are really hard to find, you almost always get 318 mounts when you order something listed as a 360 mount.
Shim your DS 318 mount with some washers and a longer bolt and it will work fine in the 360.

…makes you wonder how many people are driving these cars around with a crooked engine. I already had a guy swear it was the only way to do his 340 swap. Again on FB.

Really makes you wonder sometimes. They're probably basing it off how they're both the same when you buy them now even tho that's wrong.
I kept my original 360 mount thinking I could use it with a new poly part. Did the same for the trans mount.

volare 1977

Reaction score
I think you can still get the motor mount insert that can be pressed in and out if your old mount is bad. The outer metal part doesn`t really go bad. Of course I would look for older stock part as the new rubber is questionable.

Back