My apologies

ramenth

Reaction score
Been a bit busy with life this past week.

As most of you know Karli and I decided that I would be a stay at home dad and I left my job back in December. Last Friday, just as I was gearing up to edit Aspen500's article on his car to post in the Car of Month and working up the interview section Doc's LeBaron, Karli got fired from her job. We've been doing a lot of brainstorming on how to get through this in dealing with our creditors and keeping the house afloat.

I've been dedicating the days, as weather allows, in getting some stuff around to scrap and getting parts ready to sell to help keep us afloat for the next few weeks.

Give me another couple of days and hopefully I can get things back on track and dedicate the time needed to make this work.

ramenth

Reaction score
Thanks, folks.

Prayers always help as does the moral support.

I've definitely lived through worse. This came out of the blue and has hit Karli pretty hard. She loved that job and the people she worked with so she was fairly depressed this past week. Now, though, typical of my wife, she's got that quiet determination where she's gonna conquer the world.

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
Sorry to here the news....yes thoughts and prayers to you and Karli.
God has a plan, He never closes one door without providing an open window or several optional doors.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
That prayer is power stuff! Some are on there way for your family.

I sure thought there was a gold watch in my future, after what should have been thirty years with the same loyal employer; boy did life smack me hard in the face with a multi-page resume.

My motto, in today's job market, "I was looking for a really great job, then I settled for this one.":)

slant6billy

Reaction score
Good luck to you. Might want to check out the USAJOBs website. Quite a bit of jobs with the federal government are trying to fill before November.

David Clark

Reaction score
I can sympathize with you, will get a candle lit for you asap, When My wife switched jobs last year and became the School Bus driver for the school up here, there was a Month and a half waiting period for her first check. She left her 25 hour a week job to take that one and didn't realize it paid once a month and in the middle of the damn month to boot to get her first check from there. We were hurting pretty badly there for a while because we buy our Livestock feed on a 2 week Basis. We ended up doing a Go Fund Me Page at the urging of a couple of our Friends and had 3 Donations total (one for 500 and 2 for 20 bucks each) that got us through that Feed Issue. Good thing is that I kinda Hoard Food for ourselves so we have a good years supply of food for us, just not the animals. We are Still Trying to Recover financially and get a head from that and it's been almost a damn year. Wishing you the best of luck. Stay Strong.

ramenth

Reaction score
Indeed, God has a plan.

When I left my job to stay home and raise Cyrus my former boss asked what we were gonna do for income (she and I were both working) and I told him, "God has provided for us up to now, why should I doubt that He'll continue to do so?"

Yeah, we're under the gun on a few things. I spent most of yesterday getting on of the biggest creditors off my ass yesterday and I'll spend the weekend getting the other off my back. The rest? They can wait. As long as we have power, heat, food and water and Cyrus has diapers, milk, and juice we're doing okay.

I've got the trailer loaded with scrap. The box and cab off Karli's old Dakota and the box off my F150. Gathering up some loose shit to throw in with it. Got parts ready to post on craigslist and a few Mopar parts ready to post up here and Joey's other sites. Next weekend I'm dragging home a junk '88 F150 to part out. Two F150 frames worth of short steel. Price of scrap is way down, but every penny helps.

David Clark

Reaction score
Ramenth, I've been Instructed Via Justwondering, To pay for the Postage for the parts she sent me via YOU. If you could Drop me a line and let me know if you take paypal or would prefer me to Mail it to you.

ramenth

Reaction score
Sorry, guys, been busy.

I want to update you as to what's going on. The good news: I've got a job. Going back into two things I know, painting and building rail cars. I'm starting the 25th. Good pay, with automatic pay increases, the first at two weeks (after the first certification) the second coming in six months, the third coming in twelve months. There's excellent potential for this, too, as the paint shop production manager is looking to assemble a second shift and he'll be grooming me for the lead position. He was looking for painters, then he stumbled on me. He's going to be focusing more on my leadership and management experience, the painting skills were just icing on the cake.

The bad news: it's an hour drive each way. And I've got a lot of things to get done around the house this summer as well as making the necessary time to be husband and father, the latter being the most important, especially when I have a nineteen month old who's favorite word is "DA!" There's just no way I can see me going forward with the Car of the Month as I envisioned it. I'm sorry for this, I really am.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Absolutely no apologies necessary Robert. First off. Huge congratulations on the new job. That's excellent news. Secondly. Car of the month is just fun on here and there's a time for fun and a time to get things done. Git R Dun Sir. That's what's important.

David Clark

Reaction score
Awesome, CONGRATS on the Job. We are wondering right now if my Wife will have any Income this summer, She's Currently the Bus Driver for the School and Sometimes fills in on Janitorial work but the School hasn't given her a Clue as to if they will need her this summer or not. We may end up with 3 months of No Pay on her part coming up So I can totally Sympathize with ya. especially in a Paycheck to paycheck world. My Budget on getting the Aspy up and running is shot to hell right now, Luckily I have a few Cars and trucks around here I can pull parts off of if need be and I've slowly been accumulating the parts I need to make it Drivable again. Can't afford to Plate it when I do get it Running but at least I will be able to Drive it around on the 40 acres and Herd Piggies and Cows with it LOL.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Well done on that new job! Being the leader is always better. Plus leaders make more money. That hour drive is nothing. I have done that many times. It seems to be a nice number to allow you time to enjoy the vehicle, the tunes, and clear your head. It will work out for you just fine.

Back