My comical weekend

Chadly B

Reaction score
My daughter has been waiting for two weeks to come up and work on the wagon, so, I had the pushrod and valve cover gasket waiting, dropped the pushrod in, and it fell down and stopped when it hit the cam......the lifter has apparently popped out of it's bore, and I'll have to do a bunch of coaxing, but, in order to not make this a total bust, I pulled my daily driver in the backyard, hooked up the cables and got some lawn mower gas to put in the carb, so she could hear it run......turned over a couple times, and I forgot I pulled the alternator belt off to move the alternator so I could get to the last valve cover bolt......it immediately snapped every belt on the car when it double up and went around.....a little more gas and it fired off, popping throught the carb, then I noticed the piece of tin that covers the float on top of the carb was about to vibrate off......grabbed it, and about that time, the small rubber hose to the carb sprung a leak........all I could do was laugh and tell her to shut it off......more work to do.....lol! If it gets much worse, I'm just gonna teach her how to pull the motor, and we'll slap the 383 in.

Back