My Fifth Avenue Version 2.0

LocuMob

Reaction score
For manual windows I have used a paper straw, and dry spray grease - forgot the name, and just pried the rubber and shot some down into the door, with enough straw movement it seems to help…
They are power. I guess I'll have to look at them sooner, what's another day of pushing back my already delayed projects?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sometimes all it takes is something like spraying silicone lube down the channels to make the glass slide easier and not bind up.

LocuMob

Reaction score
After driving the car for three weeks, the windows are working much better. The passenger side only needs a tiny push down when it starts to go down. Driver's side functions as it should.

I've put 850 miles on it and it loves them all. I can't believe the couch on wheels feel of the car. It does not feel like I'm going as fast as I drive, and the car loves highway speeds, it wants to run. I'm planning on attending the Mopars on the Mississippi show in Dubuque on the 22nd, if my friends car is done by then.

I got the title for the car, the state only took a week to process it, fastest I've ever seen.

Last edited:

LocuMob

Reaction score
Took the Fifth Avenue and my Polara to a friend's show held on his front lawn at his farm.

PXL_20210814_200657031.jpg

I raced my friend in his 81 Imperial.

PXL_20210814_200530513.jpg

He got me, and again on the way back. He has converted the car to a four barrel. Would have been fun to see how close it was if he still had the stock lean burn setup like I do.

It was a perfect day for a show. Going to go to another show in Britt Iowa today.

Last edited:

LocuMob

Reaction score
Went to the Mopars on the Mississippi in Dubuque Iowa on Sunday. Perfect day for a car show, 70's for temps and not a cloud in the sky.

PXL_20210822_181230915.jpg

My friend tool first place in the B body modified class in his 70 Coronet R/T. Not the best picture.

PXL_20210822_201835175.jpg

Had a few cold ones at a local venue, then headed home.

On the way down I used the cruise control, for the sake I had it, it worked, and I wanted to see how much less mpg I'd get. 17.6

On the way back I used my foot for maximum mileage, and got a best yet 23.7!

LocuMob

Reaction score
you had a red fifth before this one. what happened to your old one?
At the time, I lived with four friends in a house. We had son many cars parked out front, and out back, that when one of the had some cars towed, they told the tow guy I'd probably be getting rid of the Fifth Ave, it had flat tires after sitting for a few months. Well, the dude towed it anyways. Like I said, we had so many cars, and I did too, that I didn't notice for two weeks! On top of that, I never transferred the title, and had no clue where it was. I went to the tow place, bitched the guy out, and then I found the title stick behind the center arm rest. I was pissed, but I wasn't going to do anything with the car as I had others ahead of it, so I gave the guy the title and bitched some more about taking shit he didn't have permission to, blah, blah, blah. I never got proper closure of that car.

LocuMob

Reaction score
A friend of mine died after a short battle with cancer, and I took the car six hours and 350 miles to his funeral. I wore a Mopar Collectors Guide work short to the service, his son and sister approved.

It was nice to be in a comfortable car to reflect on my friendship with him, he actually had a set of snowflake rims for the car, which I'll buy and keep to give the car a different flavor of I desire.

The car did great, averaged 21+ mpg and found some new roads I hadn't been on, but look forward to driving again. I found one stretch of 15 miles of gentle rises and dips, with fun turns and straightaways surrounded by beautiful scenery. The car handles so well, I don't remember if the old one handled as well, or if I even drove it the same way I do this car. It doesn't get beat, but I drive it like it's a big block, it likes to go, and even though it's not the quickest, it is fun. I wouldn't have guessed a four door would be my fun car at the moment.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
sucks the tow guys stole your car. the white car on my profile was also towed away because HOA bitching and is now rotting in a storage lot somewhere. i need to go out and part it out sometime. might take its Quadrajet. glad you were able to find a new one!

LocuMob

Reaction score
sucks the tow guys stole your car. the white car on my profile was also towed away because HOA bitching and is now rotting in a storage lot somewhere. i need to go out and part it out sometime. might take its Quadrajet. glad you were able to find a new one!
I was fine until I saw my friends Facebook and the cars story. He was just retiring and I asked him what he did and what he had to have for the car. Took me four days to tell him to let me know when he got the title he was waiting on. So glad I didn't think and just reacted.

Back