My M on the Cheap

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
He's another wack story.
I contact Chrysler Historical by email and they call me at work at 7am on a Friday full of questions....mainly my intentions.

I think they knew the jig was up.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I think I missed the first part of that Doc.

Whatcha miss?:poke:

I'm pretty sure they called me at 7AM, on a Friday, at work because they didn't wanna have to wait for Monday and worry all weekend.

I asked whether it could be a factory rebadge in my letter, pointing out the wierd things. Or used for shows.

They where asking if I was looking to take legal action, was I looking for money, if I was trying to sell the car back to Chrysler....at 7AM wayyyy up here in the frozen wastelands and they are in the USA.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah... I guess they figured you were gonna sue for mental and emotional suffering cause YOUR car's not the same as everyone else's LeBaron.
:eusa_think:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Well, after telling them that I'm only looking for some info and I was just enjoying the car then they were happy.

Yes...Re Vin-ing been done before. But I'm not getting that in writing.
We just say we don't know what happened to your car on that picticular day. That I can get...and got.

In the early 79 Lebaron brochures there is 13 colors listed, then the later ones only have 12. I'm the dumped color.

Lebaron29.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Too bad is all I have is the facts, but nothing by Chrysler.:icon_sad:

But is was blown away with the phone call at work. Not a email reply or a call at home. They wanted to get hold of me bad.
Jezz... it's not a Hemmings or Hemi car.

Hmmm... Maybe they know something they're not telling you.

Maybe they sold Lee Iaccoca's specially ordered LeBaron by mistake and always wondered where it went. :laughing7:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
They knew that I figuired out it's a re badge, and where hoping the car was scrapped long ago, not to come back and haunt them.

Lee never had mine. On November 2, 1978, the new Chrysler president, Lee Iacocca, replaces chairman John Riccardo.

But Chrysler was hurting for money at that time. Not gonna scrap an unsold 78.

Last edited:

Jonno

Reaction score
Dr Lebaron, just had a brainwave about your car.

I don't recall seeing any '78s with that narrow slit opera window option that your car has and my gut feeling is it may not have been introduced till the '79 year.

Have you or anyone else ever seen this narrow slit window in '78 or '77 literature anywhere?

I have been wrong before!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
They knew that I figuired out it's a re badge, and where hoping the car was scrapped long ago, not to come back and haunt them.

Lee never had mine. On November 2, 1978, the new Chrysler president, Lee Iacocca, replaces chairman John Riccardo.

But Chrysler was hurting for money at that time. Not gonna scrap an unsold 78.

Doc...
I still say it was Lee's car and somebody f**cked up.
Maybe it was supposed to be a signing bonus. :evil6:

Back