Need help with a part number.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with the part number of the connector and vac lines that plug into the back of the push button unit of an F body with ac/max ac. I have remnants of the old lines going to the individual vac pods but thats all. Its the 4 on one row 3 on the other.

I thought I had a good one put up, but it was years ago so any help would be appreciated as ive looked in my parts books till things got fuzzy.

Im wondering if it might be just as easy to fab some new lines and ends?

Thank You.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
THANKS!

Thats one number I did come up with but was not fully sure. DP showed one in stock so I called and ordered it this am. Odd ordering system they have.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
MORE help needed.

I ordered the 3503434 and since it seems I could only deal with a email or voice mail, im not sure if the order will get filled or what but a friend has a good one. ( I just looked at my bank info and it looks like I got billed from DP) so that half is done.

So in the pic I have the 434 in the red circle. But I also need the harness the arrow goes to and I cant find the PN.

The ac section shows the pn 3503938 and I think arizona parts has a few but the pic dont show the plug. (second pic).

The pic looks like a round plug, so again im confused.

This car was bought new and gutted for racing and im playing hell getting it back to how it should be. So its not had these parts or heater/ac box in it in maybe 42 or so yyears.

DSC00107 (2).JPG

DSC00107.JPG

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
what is the part # for item 34????????????????????????

34 is 3503938

If it looks like the harness I have the red arrow to in the first pick that the vac, extension connects to, thats it.

My car is a later 76, you list the 3503938 (34) on you parts list as 77 up.

Maybe this? The remnants of whats left of my lines going to the vac cans are multi colored,(blue to one, yellow to another) not saying a replacement would.

3503938 A/C VACUUM HOSE & CONNECTOR 1977-79 H,N,F,G 5 26.40

Thanks.

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Here is some of the vac harness I need, where they go into the vac cans and the blank ends that would go into the plug fixture, that im missing.

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

volare 77

Reaction score
I don`t have a 76 book to verify. I`m sure marty can look. That`s looks like the only other under dash hose harness part number listed that I seen in the 77 book.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Im thinking that too, maybe I can get Marty to pull one and see. I could fab a block to go in the extension and make new lines but id rather have the proper harness. Its been a while since ive been under the dash of one of my other cars but I recall its the same and most of the underdash stuff still has a readable pn sticker.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have found it so much faster just to get a foot (or less) of the same ID rubber hose (as OD of plastic vacuum lines) and just make your own “connector” (if you want to call it that). The short vacuum hose extension (mentioned above) isn’t really needed per se. When cars came down the assembly line, the harness is already attached to the evaporator (or heater) case, which is installed in car first. The dash is assembled and placed in car as an assembly and the vacuum extension is attached to the evaporator case harness when dash is installed (so the extension is a time saving device on assembly line, only).

The ‘84 to ’90 S-body (minivan) uses a similar vacuum hose extension (used for the same purpose). The green connector material used on them is different and not subject to crumbling like FMJ bodies do. Note: the '91-95 S-body might be the same, but part number is different.

If you insist on having a “disconnectable” connector, what I do is find and take an S-body extension (part # 3847622) and plug-in both ends together. I then take that loop and cut it in half. Then I splice both ends using correct size vacuum hose as mentioned above.
The above mentioned hose part number (3847622) has been discontinued – but if you can find a new one, the retail price is $30.10 (US).
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Thanks Bud, I hope it dont come to that, I pretty anal and like the proper parts. Marty is going to send me a pic, im sure his is probably the right part but ive seen a few parts manual mistakes over the years and this particular car is whats made me semi bitter on all my f-s. Im near to the point of setting this one in the back field and having a bon fire and being happy its done and over.

Someplace ive a connector, not seen it in a while, spent two hours looking yesterday. I really need to rent a dumpster and just start tossing junk I will never use since alot of its stuff no one would really want or use. Ive learned the hard way the best way to store parts is just leave the parts car together and pick apart as needed.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
The biggest problem in my life is myself, I need to take a notebook and sort and organize parts. I spied a ac heater box behind a work bench I built five years ago and had to use the front end loader to get to it. Here is the second section im needing, I could use this but id prefer a nos part.

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

Does it look like this part in this illustration? PN 3503938

DSC00107.JPG

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing with you on going back the way it was made – but it seams like the substance crumbles as it ages – so I found something that works great and is hidden from view. I wish there was a way to remove the "ends" from the S-body connector for that would be wonderful – but I hadn’t successfully done that. I generally shorten both sides of the vacuum hoses so there is not an overabundance of “hose” under the dash. I have two more S-body hoses in my garage (. . . somewhere) if I ever must repair another one of those. I might need to get some more while I still can.

I literally have a 2-car garage stuffed full of old (and new) car parts. I have been going through and tossing out junk and selling what I won’t be using. I also have taken the wife’s food vacuum bagger machine (or whatever it is called – and don’t tell the wife where its at . . .) and vacuuming the parts into an air tight container, that I can also write on. Also, I can use it to keep all small parts together. Our humidity is so high, at times, that I have several new parts that are no longer useable because they are rusted beyond use and is still in their original box - all contained inside a closed (and locked) garage. Also, I’m slowly inventorying my “stuff”, so I know what I do have, and more importantly, I know where to find it when needed.
vu.jpg

iuU7PW7IBX.jpg

Just picture car parts, instead of food.

Taken 2.5 years to get where I’m at now, and only have garage less than ½ way completed (so I’m almost done, hehe).

The good news is once done, and if I kick the bucket, there will be a file easy to locate that says what is what in my inventory. My brother already knows about it so he can manage my parts sell-off. My biggest worry is no one will know what is what and might just dump my stuff into a dumpster – which, I guess, is better than someone just tossing me into a dumpster . . .

I still have a lot of ’66-70 B-body “stuff” that I’ll never use. Need to slow down so I can get some of that “stuff” sold, to finance what I’m currently working on.

XfbodyX - you might make pictures of what you have and just post it in our for-sale section, first. You never know . . .
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I also found a perfect pliable vac. extension I just bought a nos one yesterday :(

DSC00012.JPG

Last edited:
Back