Need this lens!

SharkHead

Reaction score
1989 5th Avenue - see the photo for the lens, it goes in the upper console for extra courtesy lights that only the 89 and some late 88s had, does this lens possibly cross over to other Chrysler or Mopar models? If anyone has a part number or access to the part for this please advise!

Thx,

Ben III

20210213_181402.jpg

20210213_181341_HDR.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
All 88/89s had the overhead console as part of the better trim package.

Yes, minivans around those years have a longer version of the same console. I don't know if the fwd cars had similar ones too.

SharkHead

Reaction score
Thank you, that is great information! While you guys are hot on the info does anyone know what triggers the mechanism to make the vanity mirror light up, mine appears to be in good shape but doesn't light up and I have no idea what makes it go!

Aspen500

Reaction score
On most vanity mirrors with an automatic light, there's a switch inside the mirror cover, so when you open the cover, the light comes on. The most common cause of it not working, that I've run across over the years is, the wires break at the visor pivot where they enter the visor.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Reread your thread,Can you get some pictures of what you need,I have 2 complete overhead consoles

SharkHead

Reaction score
Need a lens for the courtesy light--not sure which one I will let you know--would love to chat about the temp display as well -863-409-9054 - - do you need a pic of the entire console?

20210213_181341_hdr-jpg.jpg

DCAspen

Reaction score
I have some lights and whole temp display I can pull out on Monday.

SharkHead

Reaction score
In regards to my dome light issue, the plug next to the parking brake is plugged-in, has power which is shown by all of the other courtesy lights operating, if I unplug it they go off, but I still have no dome light which if I'm not mistaken should operate in conjunction with the rest of the door courtesy lights. Which wire is the positive the pink or the yellow?

DCAspen

Reaction score
Burned out bulb?On and off button?Bad switch?Bad circuit board?Does the digital display work?

SharkHead

Reaction score
Both lights work, switches for the lights also work, I just need the one driver side lens, the digital display apparently does not work, is it fixable or replaceable?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It depends on what's wrong with it. First thing to do is take the overhead console down and see if the display is getting power.
There's screws inside those light covers and one of the doors.

Back