New Aspen Leaf Springs

PursuitSpecial

Reaction score
The original left side leaf spring on my Aspen had about fully de-arched and was making the ride height uneven, so I put some new springs on it. I went with these: 1976 - 1990 Chrslyer, Dodge, Plymouth rear leaf spring, 5 leaf
The car is remarkably well preserved underneath, I was able to reuse most of the hardware and hangers, even reused the rubber iso pads since the plastic ones are ridiculously priced. I did replace the u bolts with new ones, the 7.25 rear end takes a 7/16 u bolt with a 3 inch radius but I would guess you could step it up to 1/2 inch and it would fit no problem. Put some new shocks on too. After all that work it turned out the torsion bar adjustment was what made the car ride uneven, but the springs needed replacing anyway. The car rides way better than it used to now.

IMG_20231126_164127066.jpg

IMG_20231126_163728770.jpg

Ele115

Reaction score
Good job. Glad you replaced the U-Bolts. You could have probably got away with using the old ones, but that's not the right way to do it and they are not expensive. You're going to really be glad you put those new springs on. After a while they really make a difference.

Camtron

Reaction score
Those 5 leafs make a big difference back there. The only thing to complement them more, would be to get a rear sway bar hung back there (think a fella has a complete assembly for sale on here) . Takes out so much pitch/roll when handling, real nice touch.

Ele115

Reaction score
If you ever get a chance to take your car through a high speed timed orange cone course, you'll want the big sway bar. It doesn't make much difference going up to the corner store, but yanking the thing through high speed turns is a lot more fun if the car doesn't feel like it's tipping over

Back