New guy from Ohio

gregs70

Reaction score
I'm a regular in the For B Bodies Only forum as I have a 70 Road Runner 440 6 pack, 5 speed Tremec. 3.54 Dana. However, the first car I ever bought was a used 76 Aspen in U-Haul orange with a 225 and overdrive 833. I threw some new tires and shocks on it and drove the heck out of it. It would run 110 on I-71. My mom had a Volare fender recall wagon and my dad had a Diplomat. Traded it in on an 80 Dodge Omni DeTomaso. Greetings, everybody! Oh, yeah, I took some boneyard Mirada rims, had them machined/painted/clear coated, and have them on my 70. Mopar cars need Mopar rims, right?

RR garage 2.jpg

RR garage 2.jpg

Last edited:

72Dodge

Reaction score
Sweet runner! I like the Mirada rims on it, not a combo I would have thought of. Have another pic of it from the side so we can see the rims/car better?

In all these years I can't believe I've never heard of an Omni DeTomaso, especially since I actually like all the Omni/Horizon variations. I just looked it up... looks pretty cool.

My imp

Reaction score
I'm a regular in the For B Bodies Only forum as I have a 70 Road Runner 440 6 pack, 5 speed Tremec. 3.54 Dana. However, the first car I ever bought was a used 76 Aspen in U-Haul orange with a 225 and overdrive 833. I threw some new tires and shocks on it and drove the heck out of it. It would run 110 on I-71. My mom had a Volare fender recall wagon and my dad had a Diplomat. Traded it in on an 80 Dodge Omni DeTomaso. Greetings, everybody! Oh, yeah, I took some boneyard Mirada rims, had them machined/painted/clear coated, and have them on my 70. Mopar cars need Mopar rims, right?

View attachment 5586

Ooooohhhhhh! Aaaaahhhhh! Welcome, what part of Ohio?

gregs70

Reaction score
Very sharp! Is it an original E87/D21 car?

Welcome to here.

Thanks! Yep, Original V code six pack, 18-spline 833 4-speed with 3.54 Dana. It had a 74 block and a 23-spline in it when I bought it. I located a correct date code 18-spline several years after I put in the Tremec and have that stashed in the garage. As the 74 motor needed a rebuild, I'm having a correct date code block I picked a while back built instead.

gregs70

Reaction score
Sweet runner! I like the Mirada rims on it, not a combo I would have thought of. Have another pic of it from the side so we can see the rims/car better?

In all these years I can't believe I've never heard of an Omni DeTomaso, especially since I actually like all the Omni/Horizon variations. I just looked it up... looks pretty cool.

Here you go!
Nats Greg's car.jpg

Nats Greg's car.jpg

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
man, that does look good with the Mirada wheels, bet people always ask what they're from
BTW welcome aboard!

Steve2961

Reaction score
I think I saw that car at the Piston Power Show at the IX center a couple of years ago. Unless there's another Roadrunner with Mirada wheels. I was impressed and pleasantly sruprised how good the wheels looked on the car then and still am.

gregs70

Reaction score
I think I saw that car at the Piston Power Show at the IX center a couple of years ago. Unless there's another Roadrunner with Mirada wheels. I was impressed and pleasantly sruprised how good the wheels looked on the car then and still am.

Yep, that was me. I gave my brother a set for his '71 Road Runner and they look great on it too.

Back