New guy from Wausau WI

Aspen500

Reaction score
Here's a couple more pics. Greg55 had asked about oil pan height and stuff. Good a time as any for some under car shots.

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Only one problem with that, I'm afraid to drive it! Well, not literally but you know what I mean, especially with the traffic around here. To go anyplace I have to drive at least a short distance on one of the busiest roads in the whole metro area. After that it's pretty much onto an 8 lane freeway to go most other places. My neighborhood is boxed in by a river and lake to the east, a freeway a mile to the south, a freeway (the 8 lane one) about 200 yards west of my house. If I could afford to sell this place and buy a house in a better location, I would in a second. Doubt that's going to happen anytime soon though.

One of these days I should type up the long version of the "Story of the Aspen". It's been through a lot in the 28 years I've owned it including one "custom by crunch" back in '89 when it was still a S6 that put the fan through the radiator and the story of the engine I have now could be a best seller, lol. Teaser: I built it twice...........................................

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I know the feeling man.....
If you want to talk impossible to replace parts try finding a grille for a 78 Caravelle....most....even Mopar guys look at it and day what the hell is a Caravelle?

I've never and I mean NEVER seen another no vinyl roof version like mine. Just the thought of somebody smacking that thing gives me the willies so it's a Sunday cruiser now.
Even at that I'm always on guard.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Wow -- Stunning. Drive it! (albeit carefully.) I have found if you give yourself more-than-normal following distances, you can almost always spot the "trouble makers" before they cause you any harm. :)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Wow -- Stunning. Drive it! (albeit carefully.) I have found if you give yourself more-than-normal following distances, you can almost always spot the "trouble makers" before they cause you any harm. :)

Very true.
It's just a bit of a drag that while you're driving you have this constant "get the f**k away from my car" thing going on.
I don't have it with the Fifth....it's more like "go ahead hit it....I could use a new paint job".....gotta protect the sacred.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
I put myself through college driving charter busses. 19 ton vehicles. I learned a lot about following distance! One of the frustrations of attempting to keep a safe following distance is dealing with the constant parade of cars filling in front of you. I feel similar when driving my '81 -- which, let's be honest, doesn't have handling and braking capabilities of a car built this century. I drive my "old" car quite a bit differently than I do my 2013.

CMX360

Reaction score
Yummy car. I love seeing these less loved Mopars get serious high quality restos. I'll never get the money back that I have into my Miradas but I could care less. I like your exhaust job. Very clean. Thats how the E58 Miradas and Mexican Cordobas were done.

Back