New guy, with Frank.

lastws6

Reaction score
DSC00188.jpg
I'm Dan, and that is Frank, an 81 FS imperial. I picked it up about 8 weeks ago, did some maintenance, a lean burnectomy, added the Mustang Bullit wheelsI refinished, and have been driving it around PA/NY since. The car came out of Long Island by way of Cali. It's super clean but a little gutless. :) that will change with your help. Thank you for all the great info on this site, I'm glad to be here.

DSC00188.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Yes, it looks very good with the wheels. Welcome aboard.

My imp

Reaction score
I'm jealous! What do plan for powertrain mod.'s? Go BB, or course there's the old hat 360/904/3.55. That's how mine came (except I still have the 2.24 in my 8 1/4), but I plan on BB 4-5-6 spd std shift. I have the setup for stick, but I need to find a 400 block that doesn't cost an arm & a leg to build a stroker. I always wanted an FS. I have a dark brown interior, so blue is out of the question.

lastws6

Reaction score
No bb for me.. :) Going to do a 5.9 magnum swap. Mild cam, headers, dual plane, gears out back.. a little taller than 3.55, def shorter than a 2.24. not sure what gear yet. Is the plan anyway.

WildCat

Reaction score
Welcome FRANK

What size wheels are those?

I have a 07 mustang with bullit wheels that was planning on seeing if they would work on the Imperial they are stock 17" now that winter is coming might see if my chrome 18"x9" and 18"x10" will work

I really just need to restore the stock snow flakes that I have and put new tires on them and set the original wheels and tires off my car up for shows only. The car was bought 33 years ago Oct. 21st and still has the tires that came from the factory on it.

image.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
No rubbing at all? Living in the rust belt & the fine job of pot hole repair in the region, how about hitting a pot hole going around a corner. You don't always see them, & I'd hate to get a free flare job when the tire contacts the fender lip. Thanks, Larry

lastws6

Reaction score
My car is Low.. no issue even on the shit roads around here. Running 235/65/17, any bigger or wider would cause a few crunchy scrape noises. Is VERY close to rubbing, but ok. No idea how it'd do with folks in the back seat. Speedo is perfect by my gps in that tire size too

brotherGood

Reaction score
really liking this car.. now I'm second guessing keeping the factory cop wheels on mine.

where did you get the centers for them?

lastws6

Reaction score
Thanks.... The centers are the stock ford deals.. I painted over the ponies and and added self stick metal K-car hubcap centers I bought on ebay.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I like the idea of the k-car adhiesive centers. ill have to keep that in mind for my 5th

Back