New Member - 1983 Imperial

83Imp

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I thought I would post here first instead of the new member area. I have a new to me Imperial I'm looking to get back on the road. EFI components are in boxes in the trunk, and although I think I know enough about the system(s), I want to go with a carb and standard electronic ignition. I have the carb conversion manuals, so what I think I'm going to need most is a non-lean burn engine harness... I can work the rest.

This isn't my first Imperial or other Mopar for that matter. I've just always liked them. I want to get it running for now, but may eventually go with stuffing a RB/727 combo into it and an 8.75/3.XX rear diff. Sure, it won't get 25 mpg any more, but I'll have a lot more fun and it will be a conversation car at the shows.

My name's Brad. Nice to find this site.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry Brad but I moved your post to the Welcome Wagon section. I want everyone to have the chance to welcome you aboard, just as I do.

65 Dartman

Reaction score
I had an 81 Imp that the PO converted to a 4 barrel carb and regular electronic ignition. No info on how it was done, but the car ran good.

83Imp

Reaction score
Heh... No, I wish that was mine. That's an avtar from an actual ad from 82 I believe. Mine is gold in color. :icon_cool:

Back