New small block headers from Shumacher Creative

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
SB%20Hdr%20blast%20SM.jpg

efriedrich

Reaction score
I know they are a quality piece but man are they expensive.

lowbudget

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that TTI made Schumacher headers, but I'm getting that age so I can't say for sure.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
A note about the TTI headers...

My TTI headers are rusting and the car sits in the garage. Also DO NOT purchase a set with the "thermal barrier" on the inside and then start the car with open headers unless you want that "thermal barrier" crap allll over the bottom of your fresh undercarriage. I guess they don't bake it on, they rely on the engine heat from the first startup to do that. Problem is my motor is high compression and it blew it all out. At a cost of $800 I hoped for better...

I wonder why noone can make a set of mopar headers in stainless steel that fit right. I would rather have bluish headers than rusty ones...

-Kenny

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
A note about the TTI headers...

My TTI headers are rusting and the car sits in the garage. Also DO NOT purchase a set with the "thermal barrier" on the inside and then start the car with open headers unless you want that "thermal barrier" crap allll over the bottom of your fresh undercarriage. I guess they don't bake it on, they rely on the engine heat from the first startup to do that. Problem is my motor is high compression and it blew it all out. At a cost of $800 I hoped for better...

I wonder why noone can make a set of mopar headers in stainless steel that fit right. I would rather have bluish headers than rusty ones...

-Kenny
The chrome covered ones will turn bluish also.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Yea but the chrome ones will rust too over time. I am sure a set of stainless headers for a mopar would probably cost $1500 but I would pay it for a good set...

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Yea but the chrome ones will rust too over time. I am sure a set of stainless headers for a mopar would probably cost $1500 but I would pay it for a good set...

Am not for sure of your skills, but you could probably copy a set of any of the designs yourself for that kind of money, and have the satisfaction of saying you built them yourself. Although with stainless you are talking TIG welding etc....

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Thorley used to make the headers, last I heard. Schumacher lives not too far from me and is pretty well-known around here in Mopar circles.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I could do it if I had the equipment. If I go and buy a tig my wife is gonna shoot me tho lol Christmas is too close.

-Kenny

Badasspen

Reaction score
I will say I had a set of big block a body tri ys. Bought new in person, at his home in Seattle. They are every bit quality and I will get a set of the smallies. My hooker comps are like aluminium cans compared to those tri ys A wise investment for any Mopar just don't drop one on your toe you will definitely feel the difference.

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I will say I had a set of big block a body tri ys. Bought new in person, at his home in Seattle. They are every bit quality and I will get a set of the smallies. My hooker comps are like aluminium cans compared to those tri ys A wise investment for any Mopar just don't drop one on your toe you will definitely feel the difference.
I run the Tri-Y's on my 440 and some say they are choking it. Burning the tires at 55 mph in second gear and I have to disagree.

Back