new to FMJ- just found a 79 Aspen 65k!

440-vs

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just found an all original 79 Aspen with 65k! It can be bought and is in very, very good condition. Silver with red interior, 225 auto, air, and as of 2-weeks ago, still had the original Mopar belts and hoses. The owner is the son of the original owner, and can tell it's complete history. I want to try and buy it, but reality is I do not know true value of this car. If it were a Duster I could value it.
I need your help. What's it worth? If you had the cash, what would you pay for it? I've got a picture on my phone, but that doesn't help right now.
Thanks to everyone!

Speed Safely,
440-VS

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Easy ask them what they want for it. I have seen them going from 6000 down to 1200. Cash aways talks. Offer them 2 grand and see what they say.

440-vs

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I'm going to go look at it again in a couple of days and I'll let you know how it goes. That's about what I was thinking, but it's nice to hear it from "the pros".

440-VS

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Let us know how it goes. Been out of the buying and selling game on the older cars - been doing it with newer cars, lately - but I'm thinking everyone here is giving some good figures.

How cool would it be to put some R/T trim and stripes on it and then build the slant for power? :thumbsup:

440-vs

Reaction score
79Aspen-1.gif

440-vs

Reaction score
Went and looked again... it gets better every time! Just as solid under as it is on the outside. Owner had the rad flushed, and timing adjusted today.
aspena.gif

aspenb.gif

2011-10-07_16-11-04_522.jpg

2011-10-07_16-11-17_627.jpg

holmes

Reaction score
Very nice looking Aspen, love that interior. My dad had one that was garnet red with that interior in it and had a 360 4bbl dual exhaust/ dual converters back to 1 muffler and 1-3" tailpipe. If you buy it I wouldn't hesitate in cloning it into an R/T clone. I love f-bodies but unless it is one of the "specialty" type cars ie R/T, Roadrunner, Supercoupe, Kit Car, Sportwagon etc. they are not highly sought after collector type cars....yet.

Back