New toygher grilles for 78/79 volare

armataz

Reaction score
If it makes you happy and it works for you and wont fly off then you solved your problem for $100. For me I like it to look like it came out of the factory designed by Dodge the way the engineers spend millions on stying it. Im a purist. I would have had mag 500's or Mopar rally's too not those wheels. I have nothing against the hood scoops they are cool and low profile they should have had them for all the V8's. Same with the chin spoilers which were only on sports wagons and the super coupes.
to each their own dodge dint build what I needed, so I built it my self.

jaspers go to the air musiume 007.JPG

jaspers go to the air musiume 006.JPG

000_0001.JPG

000_0002.JPG

way gone update 004.JPG

TonyVolare

Reaction score
I didnt see the rest of the car. I thought it was a show car. For a work van like yours I wouldn't spend more than $100 on a grill and anything would get the job done. I thought it was all mint condition inside like mine was.

IMG_5028.jpeg

IMG_5289.jpeg

IMG_5286.jpeg

armataz

Reaction score
I didnt see the rest of the car. I thought it was a show car. For a work van like yours I wouldn't spend more than $100 on a grill and anything would get the job done. I thought it was all mint condition inside like mine was.

View attachment 49035

View attachment 49036

View attachment 49037
the blue one is a aspen the green one is a volare. the aspen was a 1 owner wagon I'm the second owner.
and you would be surprised by how many people stop and check it out because I gutted the plastic and steal and replaced it all with aluminum plate..
it is my service wagon. it works all week, and plays on the weekend. like I said they dint serve my needs stock. so I turned them into what I needed them to be.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

000_0015.JPG

Last edited:

TonyVolare

Reaction score
I like the blue dodge its a cool color I hated my mannequin prosthetic limb tan. if mine was your color I would have kept it or that copper color.

armataz

Reaction score
I like the blue dodge its a cool color I hated my mannequin prosthetic limb tan. if mine was your color I would have kept it or that copper color.
I had a 73 charger the same color, I called it baby custard LOL I painted the blue wagon in a 2 tone blue, other then making a service wagon out of it for work, it also stands out at car shows as a custom, it is something that most people wont ever see done, so it stands out even next to other aspen/volare wagons or wagons in general. it's nice to bring something different for people to see.

armataz

Reaction score
the billit grill I put in my volare cost me 100 off the shelf, it now sells for 180. they are starting to make mid 70's G M billet grills now also.in the same price range or the nova and G bodies/ also for the A body duster, the FMJ's are starting to gain popularity, it is only a matter of time.
any way getting back to grills the reason I mentioned the mid 70's GM billet grills is because, that is what some one stuck on mt 79 duster they replaced the grill with what I think is a late 70's early 80's malibu looks OK but still plastic. I have not decided if I'll just black it out, or find something different, so I was checking whats available from the after market.

DSCN0237.JPG

TonyVolare

Reaction score
why can't you get at 76-77 aspen grill and the filler dodge panel above and put it on a 78-79? or a 73-76 duster grill with the 76-77 dodge logo filler panel those grilles are so easy to find.

armataz

Reaction score
why can't you get at 76-77 aspen grill and the filler dodge panel above and put it on a 78-79? or a 73-76 duster grill with the 76-77 dodge logo filler panel those grilles are so easy to find.
A body grills wont fit the J body they are designed to fit the headlight bezel's the early j bodies would work, but I like the cleaner look of the 79;s directionals.
what I dont like is that they are plastic,so if have to pay for a grill,and I can get aa billet grill that fits, thats a better use of my money, ]
right now though, it has a grill that fits, so there is no reason to change it

Back