Newbie from Cali!

oldskoolracer

Reaction score
Hey there guys and gals, the names Mario, I hail from Clearlake California (Im sure most of you have no clue where thats at lol).

We (my girlfiends car) have a near original 79 plymouth Volare wagon, factory 225 supersix with the 904 trans. Wonderful car wish I had pics to share but nothing yet. Fresh rebuild (early engine with the forged crank) and an 8.25" rear end. Trans is getting rebuilt now do to reverse going out. My mother also has a 68 Roadrunner in need of a complete resto, but thats another subject all together.

Other than that, Im your typical 23 y/o gear head, I live, eat, sleep, and dream for cars of all makes and models, mostly american and european brands.

Look forward to getting to know all of you, and sharing my experiences and car on this site! :icon_biggrin::icon_thumright:

efriedrich

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice wagon, please share some pictures when you can. Welcome to FMJ.

oldskoolracer

Reaction score
CAM00087.jpg
Sorry the photo took so long, and this is still the only one I have of it. However, I have had no issues with this thing since the engine and trans were rebuilt. I have installed an optima red top, ran a heavy bypass charge wire from the alt to the battery. I also eliminated the ballast and converted over to HEI utilizing a ford style e-coil. Both of wich made a huge improvement on driveability and performance.

CAM00087.jpg

Erics5th

Reaction score
Clearlake is just north of Lake Berryessa (sp) isn't it? Was stationed at Travis AFB in the early 90's, beautiful country. Good move on going with an HEI system, did the same myself and have never had any issues. Cool car BTW.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
nice car im from eureka in cali i drove thru clearlake not to long back a couple weeks didnt see urs u must keep it in or not live next to the lake where the freeway goes thru i saw a aspen r/t on that road tho . very nice car wanna see more message me if ur ever bringin that thing this way would love to meet a fmj guy and fellow early 20's gear head with mopars.

oldskoolracer

Reaction score
It is a daily driver for me, but I almost never have it parked on any main road. Doesnt see too many long trips either. Took it to Sacramento one time but thats about it. Thanks again for the comments, and yea Id have to agree the HEI conversion was a very good swap to do. I originally did it rying to eliminate a mis-fire/ hesitation on acceleration. Finally narrowed it down to the carb after replaceing EVERY peice to the ignition lol. Once I got the ignition figured out it took rebuilding the Carter and about 2 days of trying to adjust it lol. Such a sinmple set up but damn is this engine picky!

Back