Newbie from New York

twood21

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm just getting into the FMJ Mopars and am torn between two vehicles to purchase. Like I said I'm new to these types of Mopars as I just got out of an A-Body. The first isn't a FMJ Body but it's a 79 Cordoba w/ a 360, Sunroof, Turbine Wheel Covers, overall a clean car. The second is a 1980 Plymouth Volare w/ a slant six and again is a clean car all around. I know the Cordobas have more pull in the car market when compared to a Volare. They both have their flaws, but nothing serious. Here are some pics, just looking for a little help.
cordoba.jpg

volare.jpg

cordoba.jpg

volare.jpg

Last edited:

twood21

Reaction score
Well now I just need one person to tell me neither. I think I'm leaning toward the Volare though, the Cordoba's look good but the Volare looks a bit more athletic, even if it isn't.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Well now I just need one person to tell me neither. I think I'm leaning toward the Volare though, the Cordoba's look good but the Volare looks a bit more athletic, even if it isn't.

the volare does look much better, and the /6 is a stout motor. I just like the oddball, faster than it looks appeal of the 'doba..

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I like that Doba too
But that's also because I don't have a B......yet.
The Volare is sweet and I for one love those damn Super Sixes as you can probably gather from my list of rides in my signature.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Is the Volare a stick or automatic? Is it a 1BBL carb or 2 BBL? If it is a stick and a 2BBL, that settles it! You'll have more fun with it. If not, get the Volare anyway and get a 4 BBL intake an Edelbrock 500 cfm. Get a timing light and a vacuum gauge - then take a day to set it up. Good luck!

lowbudget

Reaction score
If you want to pick up older, more mature women the Cordoba. For hot, younger babes the Volare.....Just saying

twood21

Reaction score
If you want to pick up older, more mature women the Cordoba. For hot, younger babes the Volare.....Just saying
Well since I'm 20 this is the end-all argument. I've already set up the trip and will hopefully have it in my possession on Saturday.

alf44

Reaction score
if you can swing it.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., get both !!!!!!, but my vote is the volare

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard from another New Yorker.

My vote is the Volare. I love the late model B-bodies - my first car was a '76 Charger - but, I gotta tell ya, my love for the FMJ's run deep. (Especially the M's lol)

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Well since I'm 20 this is the end-all argument. I've already set up the trip and will hopefully have it in my possession on Saturday.

At your age, almost all the legal ones are older!lol

tim berry

Reaction score
Welcome aboard I can settle this real easy send me your wallet and it will be a suprise ha ha ha good luck you can't go wrong with either the biggest this is rust so look very carefully

twood21

Reaction score
Well after a trip fell through I ended up with the doba. It's super clean and came from California. Needs the exhaust opened up and she should run a lot better, especially since the previous owner put in a mild cam. Thanks for all your guy's thoughts and ideas. If I could from my phone I would post more pics of the Cordoba but I guess I'll head over to for b bodies only, for now lol

greyghost

Reaction score
Sorry I'm late to the welcoming party. If I would have got here sooner I would advise you to listen to your wallet to decide on which car to get and if the Volare would get you younger chicks they may ditch you for a 'Vette rider once they found out it was sportin' a 6....just sayin'....and hey Capn, you say Cordoba=Cougars...aren't they made by Mercury? What? OOOHHH not that kind of Cougar. Sorry!

Back