Nice ebay volare

XfbodyX

Reaction score
This is a nice listing, I missed buying this car when it sold for $4500 off of CL.

I did ask the seller a few questions, and asked about the Stainless Trim and he assured me it was all stainless, and very nice looking. So id expect the reserve to be out of the scope of what F-s really sell for which is too bad. Nice solid car.

1977 Plymouth Volare Premier | eBay

All Original Exterior Factory Body Features include:

· Premium Spitfire Orange paint – extremely nice and glossy

· White pin-striping, white canopy vinyl top, white vinyl body side moldings – all near perfect

· Rare factory manual sunroof – looks and works perfect

· Beautiful chrome bumpers and bright stainless trim

· Fender-mounted turn signals – work great

· Extremely nice, very clear glass throughout

· Original chrome locking gas cap

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Its not stainless trim. I tried to buy the car as well, but the original owners told me it sold for 3500. Smokin' deal.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
You are correct, I went back and look at the screenshot I saved, awesome car at $3500.

I bid 6500 and then pulled it after looking back at the 3500 screen shot, ive no issues with flippers but just cant do it, and he seems to think hes got a gold bar listed, although it is a nice car.

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I doubt you will find a nicer original one ever at that price. That is a great buy at 6500. I predict it will go for more than 10k.

droptop

Reaction score
I had one very similar to this back in the late 70's- early 80's. Mine was black with white interior and top with manual sun roof, but it had power windows, and am/fm/cb also. Very nice running and driving car. Put many many miles on that one.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
If you look at the high bidders bid history, the one with 259 feedbacks. Whoever it is always bids on f-s to run them up and has bid on 74 seperate items in the last 30 days.

I was bidding on the orange RR with the white interior not long ago but slacked off when this same bidder kept running it up.

But I do see maybe a legit bid at 9k. It is a nice car but even with a 40 year old drive train, front end, ect I good untouched car, probably one of the most untouched F-s one ebay in a long long time.

Ive never had good luck buying cars off ebay.

Who bids on 74 different items in a 30 day span with only 259 feedbacks?

30-Day Summary
Total bids:
s.gif
Items bid on:
s.gif
Bid activity (%) with this seller:
s.gif
12%
s.gif
btnHelp.gif

Bid retractions:
s.gif
Bid retractions (6 months):
s.gif

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I’ve done well with eBay.

My ’97 Dodge ¾ ton diesel I bought from eBay.
It came from New Orleans one year before Katrina hit there. I got it after I totaled ’94 diesel pickup and couldn't find a replacement with 2*4 and a manual transmission.

I also bought my ’77 Volare wagon there as well. It came from Dansville NY area, 2.5 years ago. I didn't mention it here at the time the ad was active.

Both times, I was happy with the entire process.
BudW

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Ebay is like horse auction, you better be savvy and beware.
Well Said!

As of today, my eBay Feedback (number?) is 781 with no negatives or neutrals (as of yet).
There has been a few times things did not arrive as stated (on eBay) – but my two auto transactions were good ones.
BudW

Back