No power/start

brotherGood

Reaction score
Alright, I went to start my car yesterday and had no reaction. It literally just sounded as if I didn't have the battery hooked up. Put the charger on it to check/charge the battery and it read fine, but the fuse box started buzzing. Im leaning toward fusible link, but not for certain. What are everyone else's thoughts?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Make sure that big power wire with the connection on it near the battery is fully connected. it's pulled apart on mine more then once before and caused problems. At the same time look at the fusible links since they're in the same area and can tell if one burnt up.
The buzzing at the fuse box is strange. It might be worthwhile popping the horn relay or flashers out of it to see if one of them is doing something.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Good call on the horn relay..I don't have the actual horns, but the wheel I installed I went ahead and hooked the horn button up.

I didn't think about that. It did seem like it was coming from the relays vs the fuses, I just didn't start pulling

SRTMirada

Reaction score
If your horn relay was stuck on you wouldn't have been aware due to lack of horns. That could of killed your battery.

brotherGood

Reaction score
If your horn relay was stuck on you wouldn't have been aware due to lack of horns. That could of killed your battery.

Battery shows a solid charge. I'll check it again tonight to see if there was a change. I'll also pull the relay while I'm at it.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Not stuck on but fuses and wires don't make a buzzing sound so must have been something else doing that.

brotherGood

Reaction score
I agree. It was suggested a breaker..but a relay is easier to check and makes more sense as to what started the problem

Aspen500

Reaction score
If you have limited power like low voltage or low amperage, it can make relays buzz. Have run into that many times over the years at work. Nothing wrong with the relay(s), just low voltage making them turn on an off rapidly. Every time the relay energizes, what ever it is that it powers takes away the remaing voltage and the relay turns off, lather rinse repeat.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Long story short, this is fixed and I'm annoyed about it.

The grant adapter that I've fought with for months (thanks terrible Grant customer service) managed to short the lead for the horn and kill the battery. Once I figured out the horn relay was the source of buzzing in the fuse box, it opened up the obvious issue of dead battery.

Stuck one of the spares in (from dads spare truck) and it cranked right up

Back