no start/no fuel

Monkeyed

Reaction score
stalled today, wouldn't start. thought it was flooded let it sit a few hours, no luck, was going to try a cap full of gas out of the filter straight into the carb, but the line was bone dry. got a gas can dumped some in from that, would start. took the cover off the front of the carb and dumped fuel straight into that to fill the bowl. would run for a while then die. towed it home.

going to try dipping the line straight into a gas can and see if the pump is working. should be, it was brand new last year. along with the filter, and the gas tank... hoping the filter got clogged, and not the pick up, if the pump is bad, I still have the old one that was working fine when I changed it. sometimes I swear preventative maintenance is begging for bad luck....

Master M

Reaction score
You just never know when parts are going to fail. What brand was that new pump ?

Monkeyed

Reaction score
You just never know when parts are going to fail. What brand was that new pump ?
I want to say Carter, but I'm not 100% sure. That or Delphi.. I think I had it in a thread somewhere on here
--- Post updated ---
Totally was the fuel pump smh. Put the old one back in, runs fine now

rcmaniac791

Reaction score
I had a similar issue when I replaced my PCV valve. The new one was screaming at me when I went anywhere near the throttle. Installed the old one, no more issues. Sometimes I wonder if these "new" parts are really all that great...

Monkeyed

Reaction score
I had a similar issue when I replaced my PCV valve. The new one was screaming at me when I went anywhere near the throttle. Installed the old one, no more issues. Sometimes I wonder if these "new" parts are really all that great...
if it ain't broke...

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Having decided to get a jelly-bean Cadillac to use as a daily "grownup" driver (they're gentrifying by work and I want to fit in, I feel like such a sell-out...) I'm going to tackle the intake de-lean burn conversion. Planning on going for a slow methodical "well documented" approach.. Due to time and money constraints the slow part will happen for sure, the methodical well documented, well.. that remains to be seen. I want to re-use the stock coil, so I guess the orange box method may be in the works? Would also like to declutter under the hood as much as possible, I know I don't need most of that crap under there. On the plus side it's very clean and solid under there for a 27 year old car that's suffered a bit of neglect, the weathered paint adds to the sleeper effect, and "rust is earned" the subframe and unibody have surface rust but are still solid, so maybe I'll add in a budget bang-for-buck torquer cam into the mix.

Anyway, that's the general idea, "the best laid plans of mice and men"

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Monkeyed, what are the emissions laws in your state?

Btw, is your user name "Monk eyed" or "Monkey ed"?

In Oklahoma, we don't have an emissions inspection anymore, safety yes, but emissions - you can run what you brung.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Monkeyed, what are the emissions laws in your state?

Btw, is your user name "Monk eyed" or "Monkey ed"?

In Oklahoma, we don't have an emissions inspection anymore, safety yes, but emissions - you can run what you brung.

There aren't any, if the police can hear your exhaust over their radio they can pull you over and write you a "fix-it ticket"

As for my user name, either way if fine

Back