NOS '79 cast alum wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

droptop

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a set of NOS cast alum wheels for a '79 Road Runner or R/T. They are 14x6 with a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. I have no centers or lug nuts for them. Located in Evansville In. area. $400 plus shipping. These have never had tires on them and never bolted to a car.
79rr1wheel.jpg
79rr2wheel.jpg
79rr3wheel.jpg

79rr1wheel.jpg

79rr2wheel.jpg

79rr3wheel.jpg

Eastyorker

Reaction score
Those would look good on the Captains Caravelle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yes they would but unfortunately shipping to here would triple the price.
Good luck with the sale though.....nice wheels.

droptop

Reaction score
I have a set of NOS cast alum wheels for a '79 Road Runner or R/T. They are 14x6 with a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. I have no centers or lug nuts for them. Located in Evansville In. area. $400 plus shipping. These have never had tires on them and never bolted to a car.
View attachment 5347View attachment 5348View attachment 5349

I was looking at the 1980 sales brochures and it looks like this wheel was also available in '80 as well. PM me here.

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
View attachment 5347View attachment 5348View attachment 5349

Droptop,
Thanks for the wheels......exactly as described.....beautiful! I will put these to good use!

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
I would like to see pics after you put them on,
What type of center caps go on these?
I have never seen these wheels before,
and I thought I have seen them all.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I bet they'd look good on your 5th ave.
I've only seen these wheels once, and it was in a brochure ad for the sport wagon

150064.jpg

150064.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
There used to be a black & gold '79 R/T around here very similar to the Road Runner in Mr. Lopar's picture that had those wheels, with the inlays matched to the gold on the car. Supposedly it hit a deer, but judging by the damage I'm pretty sure they broadsided a mastodon. Slant Six/4-speed car, too. Long crushed, with all the good stuff still on it. Sadness.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
There used to be a black & gold '79 R/T around here very similar to the Road Runner in Mr. Lopar's picture that had those wheels, with the inlays matched to the gold on the car. Supposedly it hit a deer, but judging by the damage I'm pretty sure they broadsided a mastodon. Slant Six/4-speed car, too. Long crushed, with all the good stuff still on it. Sadness.

(sniff)......... :crybaby2:

NoCar340

Reaction score
I think they're retained in a manner similar to the J-body aluminum wheels, meaning spring clips, but they might use a road-wheel type of attachment, where there's an inner cone held in place with bolts that go into the center cap itself.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
lookin at the wheels and the brochure pic, I'm guessing they snapped on from the front, or slid in from the back side

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
I will get some pics posted when I get the tires mounted and the center caps.......having difficulty finding the center caps. Any one got 4 they are wanting to get rid of?? Or any idea what will work?
They are the front snap in style.

My imp

Reaction score
\I dont see how the center caps attach,
theres no holes in the wheels to screw them on from the other side.

I bet them Sport Wagons are really rare.
I wonder what the build numbers were.

I'm a sucker for a wagon! That thing is gorgeous! The original sport/utility vehicle that wasn't a truck. Make a panel delivery wagon out of it. Have mig welder, will travel! Those wheels really set off an aggressive theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back