Not a C body but

furyfrank

Reaction score
I have a 82 lebaron convertible and the passenger side window did not work, stuck in the up position after taking it apart the regulator looked like all other Chrysler products ( not much information on this car ). After pulling motor checked and it works but the window stays wherever you put it ( it is binding ) so has anyone ever had this problem with any of their cars. Everyone one I worked on the window would fall down to the bottom. So any suggestions

Aspen500

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of, provided the regulator pivots and slides move freely is the glass getting bound up in the glass channels. Sometimes spraying silicone spray into the channels will get it working again.
There should be a spiral spring on the regulator (like an Aspen hood hinge spring) so the glass will most likely stay wherever you put it even if it isn't binding, btw.

One other possibility is the motor is just plain weak OR you have high resistance in the power or ground circuit. Check the voltage at the motor while operating the switch WITH the motor installed and plugged in (checking under load). Have run into that quite a few times. Usually it's a wire that has most of it's conductors broken (normally in the door jamb) and all the current is trying to go through 3 or 4 strands and under load, the voltage drops to nothing.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Driveway mechanic's 2 cents.

If the motor has the balls to put the window all the way up then it's probably fine. I'm guessing that you mean if you put the window up and then hit the down position the window doesn't drop. It stays where it is. Yes?

If so then I'm guessing as Aspen500 said it's getting hung up somewhere on the track system. Clean and lube might be the ticket.

furyfrank

Reaction score
The window was in the up position and after removing motor it stayed there and is very hard to move up or down. I lubed up everything I could see and their is no slop in the window. I will keep trying I just feel I am missing something.
--- Post updated ---
I lubed it up and am moving it manually hoping that the more I move it the more free it will get.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You've lubed up all of the moving parts?

downloadfile.jpg

furyfrank

Reaction score
Yes I did. And that is what is bugging me , it is so simple.

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'll admit I always have the opposite problem -- opens but is slow to close.
Lets see if we can puzzle it out.

Switch failure --
When you activate the switch does it sound like it is getting power?
Have you tried the master switch on the driver's door vs the switch for the specific door?
Can you remove the window, then activate the switch? (not sure if there is a failsafe on it that prevents that - but worth a shot).
From everything you've posted, it doesn't seem like it is a switch failure.

I want you to feel comfortable that the switch works and moves the important players as needed when not under load (no window).

Mechanical --
Swap the motor from a door that does properly lift the window. Does the window raise?
If so, then your original motor is failing or has failed.

Electrical --
Totally out of my element in how to check if the power is wonky. Did you try Aspen500's recommendations?

My problem with windows has always been won't raise issues: (87 5th ave) motor was weak or motor needed tlc on internals, (97 concorde) accuater in door failed, (97 ford) nephew stuck a stick in the window channel.

Not sure this was a very helpful post, but I do feel your pain.

Back