Not an fmj but hope you all don't mind

jasperjacko

Reaction score
A new "Barn Find" is coming home this week. 1976 dodge royal Monaco diplomat edition, 440 coupe. Black, maroon interior, pretty good shape. Will post pics when I get it home. The plan is to get road worthy and sell.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I had a 77, what a behemoth but i thought the car was cool.
I removed the leanburn with a conversion distributor, replaced the cam with the DC Hemi cam, replace the rear end with a 8 3/4 with 4.10 gears, 2.25 duel exhaust with turbos and I worked the thermal quad over.
The Dodge went from 17.70s to15.50s and I won with it. This was at a time if I drove to the strip I raced whatever I drove. The Dodge was my shop loaner car for a couple of years.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
pics

76 monaco on trailer.jpg

1976 monaco front.jpg

1976 monaco.jpg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
It has 71,000 original miles. Got it running, purrs like a big cat with the flow master duals in it. A little too loud for this car imo.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Love it!!! What a beautiful find! The older I get, the more I like the old full sized Mopars. I really like that yours is a Dodge instead of Chrysler - much more unusual! IMO, the big luxury cars like this should be quiet. The 440 stock exhaust will provide a nice deep sound without any help. I don't particularly like loud cars, always makes me think someones trying too hard to get attention.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Depends on the car, my driver is quite and the hotrods not so much.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Different look to go with the loud exhaust. For selling purposes.

76 monaco drag radials.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you going to make a post here (in the for sale section)?
You have my interest.
BudW

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I don't particularly like loud cars, always makes me think someones trying too hard to get attention.
burbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburble burbleburble*pop*burbleburbleburbleburble wtf was that?burbleburble burbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburbleburble GO!!!!

I do have an objection to not being able to hear a car run, especially if it's American. Most modern cars are equipped w a tach JUST for visual verification that the thing is running... that split-second before you twist the key anyway and are rewarded with an unpleasant audible clue.

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Got the upper ball joints, idler arm, fluids, tires, wiper bushings and blades done. doing a little cleaning and polishing, and Black Betty is ready.lol. Hoping to take it to a Mopar event at Dragway 42 this next weekend.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Took Betty out for drive this evening. SSMMOOOOOOOOTH! This thing runs and drives great. Now for some exterior cleaning and polish.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what she go goes for. Good luck.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I don't think I ever said what happened to "Betty". It was sold and shipped to a custom armored car builder in Lebanon. Yes, the middle east!

Back