Not sure where to post this, It's semi Automotive related

David Clark

Reaction score
Soooo,

After getting two 1970 era Vehicles that have both sat for over 10 years running again, I was thinking about that Old Massey Ferguson Swather I have out here from the Mid 60's with an old Mopar Slant Six Powering it and was wondering if I could get that old beast running too. The Swather itself is crap, so much on the thing is broke or wasted it's not worth anything really and I got it for about 50 bucks while I was cleaning out some property. I have no clue what year the damn thing is as most of the plates on it are gone or faded beyond belief. Only reason I grabbed it was because it had the Slant Six in it and I know they are almost indestructible and was planning on using that engine (if I got it running) to power my 10k Generator Head for emergencies. Damn thing has the Funniest Looking Carb set up on it I have ever seen. Will Take some pics of the thing tomorrow.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Came across a Panzer tractor with an 8 3/4 rear. Apparently certain models had that

David Clark

Reaction score
LOL, will have to wait till tomorrow now, Getting that Damn SNOW they called for today, Already up to an inch or so so far. UGH. So much for getting anything done today.
--- Post updated ---
Unfortunately the Exhaust manifold is Cracked in half (didn't get a pic of that) but that intake manifold sure is purty. I've never seen a "Carb" setup like that before though. Interesting to say the least. Has a Bell Housing on it but where the transmission should be is a Set up Pulley's to run everything.
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2278.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG

Justwondering

Reaction score
what i wouldn't give to have easy access to the oil filter on my tractor. This mahindra is easier than the new holland, but that isn't saying much.

David Clark

Reaction score
yeah, tell me about it. I also have two old Versatile Swather's, early 70's, One I use and one for parts, they have the old Ford Straight 300's in them and purr like kitten's too. And Easy Access to EVERYTHING on them, My Tractors on the other hand are a pain in the ass.

Back