o ring on a distributer

moparman_76

Reaction score
i have had an old points distributer converted to electronic with a mallory e spark performance module. the module will not work in a electronic distributer it has to be a points distributer. all the distributers i have seen have an o ring on them where they sit in the block but this one dont have it nor is there a groove where one would sit is this gonna be a problem im sure they have an o ring on them for a reason any info would be appreciated thanks p.s here are some pics.
unnamed.jpg
distribiter.jpg

unnamed.jpg

distribiter.jpg

Joe12459

Reaction score
I've seen some of the older points distributors with a paper gasket instead of an o-ring. This is probably what this distributor is supposed to have.

moparman_76

Reaction score
thanks guys i appreciate the info. wonder if i can get the metal gasket that is needed for this dist.its probably gonna be like looking for hens teeth.... lol wish me luck guys if anyone has one that they want to part with im interested in it.

moparman_76

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the replies i was able to track a metal gasket down have to drive an hour and fifteen mins to get it but i dont mind it gives me a chance to see what nigel at national moparts has in his yard.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the replies i was able to track a metal gasket down have to drive an hour and fifteen mins to get it but i dont mind it gives me a chance to see what nigel at national moparts has in his yard.

Oh man....lol. Going to meet Nigel.
He's a great guy and the cars in the yard should be unburied by now. I love going there.

kitcar43

Reaction score
I have always just put a oring that will fit up against the flat surface and eliminated the gasket ,as long as you don't over tighten the distributor hold down clamp it works fine.

Back