Oil and fuel

SixBanger

Reaction score
How cheap is fuel now there in the States while Oil price go to free or negative?? Free gasoline??

"Hey dad, thanks for borrowing your car. I've already filled it up too."

Duke5A

Reaction score
The price of crude on just one index went negative. Gasoline still costs money to refine. Cheapest I've laid eyes on is $1.38 a gallon.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Here in north central WI the going price is $1.31-$1.39 for regular 87 octane. Hasn't been that low in,,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,I'd guess mid 1980's? Been so long I don't remember. I heard that today on the radio about the price of oil and can't figure out how a barrel of oil can be negative $35/barrel. I know it isn't this way but it almost sounds like they pay you $35 to take a barrel of oil, lol.

78VOLAREWAG

Reaction score
Here in north central WI the going price is $1.31-$1.39 for regular 87 octane. Hasn't been that low in,,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,I'd guess mid 1980's? Been so long I don't remember. I heard that today on the radio about the price of oil and can't figure out how a barrel of oil can be negative $35/barrel. I know it isn't this way but it almost sounds like they pay you $35 to take a barrel of oil, lol.
Still over $2 in Pittsburgh PA, home of the highest gas taxes in the US.

SixBanger

Reaction score
1.3 dollar seems way better than 5.5 dollar a gallon here. But most part tax and tax on double tax.

Duke5A

Reaction score
1.3 dollar seems way better than 5.5 dollar a gallon here. But most part tax and tax on double tax.

Th Netherlands has the highest gas tax in Europe at $3.36 a gallon. You're paying twice more in tax alone than we pay all together. Yikes...

SixBanger

Reaction score
There were days that price goes more to 6.5+ dollar a gallon.
Roads are here quit smooth for the most used ones. But there we pay a other tax, specified on fuel type and weight of the car. Around 25$ a month for small gasoline car and 120+$ for heavier one.
Driving a car here is expensive but there are other things that compensate life expenses.

Back